• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So some politics is okay, but some is not. Interesting.

I'm sorry, do the people wanting to place the ad work for the NFL? No? Then they can pound sand. And those working for the NFL making a political statement, can pound sand too, if the NFL decides to fire them.... but apparently the NFL isn't firing players.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is it Super Bowl time already?

Well, let me be the first to say: Meh.

I got bored watching grown men run into each other years ago. I much prefer grown men punching each other for my sporting entertainment. Apparently these days grown women punch each other, too, so my options have doubled.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Is it Super Bowl time already?

Well, let me be the first to say: Meh.

I got bored watching grown men run into each other years ago. I much prefer grown men punching each other for my sporting entertainment. Apparently these days grown women punch each other, too, so my options have doubled.

The last one with Holm and Cyborg was pretty good. Cyborg could probably fight on the guy side though.......

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So if we have decided it’s political after all ... I guess we know who the people that hate the country vote for.

I sit here shocked as always.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    2qdylwg.jpg

Patriotism. It's an interesting notion, as to what is and what isn't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm sorry, do the people wanting to place the ad work for the NFL? No? Then they can pound sand. And those working for the NFL making a political statement, can pound sand too, if the NFL decides to fire them.... but apparently the NFL isn't firing players.
    I just think that the NFL, as an organization, has misjudged their fan base. To allow their employees express their political beliefs "on the clock" so to speak, implies tacit agreement. Maybe they thought all their fans would agree. When you find yourself in a hole, it's time to stop digging.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

So the fact no one will hire Kaeperlick is now businesses exercizing their right to make decisions that affect their bottom line? I'm so confused about what virtue to signal here

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I just think that the NFL, as an organization, has misjudged their fan base. To allow their employees express their political beliefs "on the clock" so to speak, implies tacit agreement. Maybe they thought all their fans would agree. When you find yourself in a hole, it's time to stop digging.

The NFL, would rather **** off some fans, who are typically fickle, than most of their talent. After the recovery from the boycott in the 80s, they knew that their product was something that the vast majority of Americans were unable to completely give up. They are just weathering the storm of a short-term memory fanbase.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The NFL, would rather **** off some fans, who are typically fickle, than most of their talent. After the recovery from the boycott in the 80s, they knew that their product was something that the vast majority of Americans were unable to completely give up. They are just weathering the storm of a short-term memory fanbase.

Not unlike the last election cycle. What they thought would work didn't. They misread their base. It remains to be seen how long that lasts. In the case of the NFL, even a short lull is going to make that talent expensive to maintain.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Not unlike the last election cycle. What they thought would work didn't. They misread their base. It remains to be seen how long that lasts. In the case of the NFL, even a short lull is going to make that talent expensive to maintain.

I disagree. The NFL won't really feel the effects, unless the sponsors and television contracts go away. That's a very tricky thing for a channel or company to pull off. You abandon the NFL, and the NFL, if it recovered, would never do business with you again. Who is going to take that chance, knowing that you "might" be wrong?

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    NFL games watched in 2017 = 0
    NFL games watched in 2018 = 0

I just don't care anymore...the NFL has jumped the shark...Indy Fuel Hockey and the Roller Girls get all my former NFL season ticket money

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I disagree. The NFL won't really feel the effects, unless the sponsors and television contracts go away. That's a very tricky thing for a channel or company to pull off. You abandon the NFL, and the NFL, if it recovered, would never do business with you again. Who is going to take that chance, knowing that you "might" be wrong?

Oh I'm under no illusion that the NFL is going to "collapse", but it could very well see enough of a decline that fans decide they're no longer willing to pay 3 figures for mediocre seats, and if the viewership declines, those advertisers might not be so willing to shell out as much for their 30-60 second spots. The last Thursday night game (nationally televised) the Colts played, they were selling seats in the nosebleed section for 6 bucks apiece. (Yes, I know, it was the Colts), but if that type of trend were to continue, revenues will decline and meeting multi-million dollar contract obligations for their talent becomes more difficult. Fans can be fickle - look at the decline of NASCAR and even Indy Car (granted, not because of politics, but because these organizations have been giving their fans less and less of what they became interested in the sport for). It could happen. The NFL is taking that chance, and they also "might" be wrong.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    The NFL season ticket experience in Indy....pay $1000 (or more or a little less) for a single seat for the season. Pay $20-$30 per game to park 2-3 blocks from the stadium. Then you get to walk 2-3 blocks in adverse weather for about half the games. Be sure to eat before you go since a measly hot dog is $5 and then toss in another $5 for a coke...$8-9 for a beer...$4 for a lousy bottle of water. Need a team cap to show the world you love your team? That's $20-30 for a $8 hat...when the game is over you get to sit in traffic for 30-60 minutes as you try to get out of downtown...and now you realize the 1PM game meant you needed to be there by 12:30PM and you don't get home until almost 5:30PM....

OR...watch the game at your favorite sports bar, free seating, convenient parking, much better and cheaper food...and you can watch something else if your game stinks.

No thanks..we gave it up.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    The NFL season ticket experience in Indy....pay $1000 (or more or a little less) for a single seat for the season. Pay $20-$30 per game to park 2-3 blocks from the stadium. Then you get to walk 2-3 blocks in adverse weather for about half the games. Be sure to eat before you go since a measly hot dog is $5 and then toss in another $5 for a coke...$8-9 for a beer...$4 for a lousy bottle of water. Need a team cap to show the world you love your team? That's $20-30 for a $8 hat...when the game is over you get to sit in traffic for 30-60 minutes as you try to get out of downtown...and now you realize the 1PM game meant you needed to be there by 12:30PM and you don't get home until almost 5:30PM....

OR...watch the game at your favorite sports bar, free seating, convenient parking, much better and cheaper food...and you can watch something else if your game stinks.

No thanks..we gave it up.
    Can not forget the first 4 games that are a joke,are FULL price,and you don't even go to anyway.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Amvets need to worry about advertising their services and not worry about people kneeling for a cause they don’t care about. Their NSO’s barely return calls and only do the minimum to provide veterans with the support they need for claims and benefits. How about an ad to support and encourage veterans on the brink of suicide? I’ve not seen an ad from them about this, so how does this help those whom they serve? They don’t have to take a knee, but they can have a seat with this one. Just another group trying to bolster this point on the backs of veterans.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    ?..pay $1000 (or more... Pay $20-$30 per ...a measly hot dog is $5 and then toss in another $5 for a coke...$8-9 for a beer...$4 for... That's $20-30...
    Don't forget that as a taxpayer you also have the privilege of paying for the new stadium for these prima donnas to play their game in or they will threaten to leave your city.

Top Bottom