• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Are we joining to make this happen or to celebrate that it has?

There is nothing on there about the CLEO sign off being dropped.

A we telling water cooler gossip bit are we or do you have a source?

http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=67372

This post was made way back in Jan, 2011 and several more linked from a release made by the "NFATCA" around the same time. Which by your posted timeline means, we've not had the CLEO sign off for about 4 months now. The thread which can be found in many different forms across a number of "forums" all seem to die out about 6/2011.

Here is an email from the NFATCA dated 1/27/2011, again stating no source or documentation to back his claim.

"I emailed Jeff to verify, he replied in a few hours, this was his reply. As you can see its not a completely done deal but looks promising.

Thanks,

Brandon

Yep. Work in progress. We have gotten further than we ever have and the fact that it is now in DoJ's hands is a true milestone.

--
    Jeff Folloder
    NFA Trade and Collectors Association
    Direct: 281.492.8288
    "

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    my bad
    Are we joining to make this happen or to celebrate that it has?

There is nothing on there about the CLEO sign off being dropped.

Trolling a bit are we or do you have a source?

SilencerTalk • View topic - CLEO Signoffs Near Gone

This post was made way back in Jan, 2011 and several more linked from a release made by the "NFATCA" around the same time. Which by your posted timeline means, we've not had the CLEO sign off for about 4 months now. The thread which can be found in many different forms across a number of "forums" all seem to die out about 6/2011.

Here is an email from the NFATCA dated 1/27/2011, again stating no source or documentation to back his claim.

"I emailed Jeff to verify, he replied in a few hours, this was his reply. As you can see its not a completely done deal but looks promising.

Thanks,

Brandon

Yep. Work in progress. We have gotten further than we ever have and the fact that it is now in DoJ's hands is a true milestone.

--
    Jeff Folloder
    NFA Trade and Collectors Association
    Direct: 281.492.8288
    "

Last edited:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    The hard work has paid off
    CLEO signoffs have been done away with
    Look for forms to change
    Without CLEO sigs
    The formal process includes posting in the federal register ,invitation for commentary,proposed new forms etc...count on anywhere from 90 to 270 days .
    Thank u NFATCA & all its supporting members.

So it hasn't happened?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Sorry for calling you a troll, if it really offends you I am sorry.

Maybe you are right and have information that the whole industry does not have yet or the NFA Branch?

But seriously, that is like posting something like "Handgun permits no longer needed thanks to, INGO!" and going to their forum, facebook, and then the agency's who they convinced to make said changes and not a word of it on any of them. Then going to to 3-4 other forums, who also make not a mention of it, that are more focused in NFA firearms. If this really did happen, everyone would know by now and would have known about it happening.More than anything if it has or is happening I'd like to know as many of our customers and members here on INGO would like to know.

I have contacted the NFA Branch and contacted the NFATCA by their listed number and email and am awaiting a response.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I have not read this thread, but if no one else has suggested it the best
    course of actions is to put it in a bowl of rice to dry it out. :twocents:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    You coulda saved a whole lotta face maybe by contacting the NFATCA before you started calling names
    An email to the NFA probably won't get u anything .
    But hey what do I know ....... an intellect like yourself may get a hand written letter .
    Maybe you could resend your email to NFATCA asking the same question. I can pretty much guarantee you will get close to the same response I just posted .
    I appreciate you pooping in my informative thread .
    I am happy knowing I will never do business with 21st century

Either way

Maybe you are right and have information that the whole industry does not have yet or the NFA Branch?

But seriously, that is like posting something like "Handgun permits no longer needed thanks to, INGO!" and going to their forum, facebook, and then the agency's who they convinced to make said changes and not a word of it on any of them. Then going to to 3-4 other forums, who also make not a mention of it, that are more focused in NFA firearms. If this really did happen, everyone would know by now and would have known about it happening.More than anything if it has or is happening I'd like to know as many of our customers and members here on INGO would like to know.

I have contacted the NFA Branch and contacted the NFATCA by their listed number and email and am awaiting a response.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Some people here are a little deeper into the class 3 game than you are and dont mind sharing some first hand knowledge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom