• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    What if in place of the CLEO sign off, they instead notified the CLEO or local law enforcement by sending him a copy of your submitted and/or approved form(s) regardless if you are an individual or trust/corporation?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    What if in place of the CLEO sign off, they instead notified the CLEO or local law enforcement by sending him a copy of your submitted and/or approved form(s) regardless if you are an individual or trust/corporation?

then the local sheriff would have just as much of a hard on for me as he already does but there isn't much he can legally do about it.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun

Last I heard from the local ATF office (I asked A LOT of questions while doing our FFL paperwork) is that ^^ that was the intent. Instead of a CLEO sign off you would still be required to drop off a copy of your form 1, 4,...whatever.

The form 7 is actually that way, there is a spot for CLEO sig, but it's not an actual requirement to obtain it, however I was required to leave a copy with the CLEO.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I usually have to venture over to the political section of the forum to find people being this crappy to one another :laugh:. Not used to it over here.

SHUT YOUR FACE EVIL LIE TELLING TROLL, ^ THIS POST DOES NOT CONTRIBUTE TO THE THREAD!

Totally kidding, I just couldn't help myself.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Why in gods name would u want ANYONE other than yourself & whom u deam fit to know what you are legally acquiring.
    Your telling us , that you as a dealer in nfa items ,think your customers should have to inform a local law enforcement agent that they just legally purchased a high dollar machine gun, or SBR. Or whatever , when they have already jumped thru atf hoops??? .noone other than the people approving the transfer should no shinola about what I or anyone else is buying.
    Say this out loud .
    It is none of your business.
    Do u inform your sheriff every time u buy a new pistol.?
    Why do u think that local law enforcement should should know what a legal taxpaying citizen buying ?

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    This is why;

"I am pleased to report that all branches and offices within ATF have given the official okey dokey to eliminating the CLEO signature requirements for NFA Forms. This includes Counsel's office and the National Sheriffs' Association! The package has been sent on to the Department of Justice with recommendation for approval. The package will include:

1.Elimination of CLEO signature requirement.

2.Institution of CLEO "notification" similar to an FFL application. (A copy of the form will be sent to the CLEO as opposed to asking for permission.)
    3.Trusts and LLC's and corps will still be available for use.
    4.In the event of #3, a NICS check will be required when the weapon is physically transferred.
    Unknown is whether the Citizenship Compliance form will be eliminated and merged into the various NFA forms instead of being a separate nuisance. ATF is leaning toward elimination."

The NFATCA has been working for several years to make this happen. I am proud to say that we have pushed this agenda item further with better results than we ever have before. ATF and its various branches have reviewed all of the potential issues and suggestions that we have presented. At this point, ATF has actually submitted the issue to the Department of Justice for final approval. We have never been able to get this issue out of ATF's "universe" before. At this point, it could be a matter of weeks or months before we receive final approval. I am hoping that the timing of the November release of several updated NFA forms is a good coincidence. That was the long answer. The short answer is yes, the process is in full swing.

Jeff Folloder
    NFA Trade and Collectors Association

This email was posted on silencer talk back in 1/2011 from here, SilencerTalk • View topic - CLEO Signoffs Near Gone

I am still waiting on a reply from the BATFE on the validity of this.

Last edited:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Now that Jeff has sent u an email confirming what I said already am I still a liar & a troll ?

I never said you were a liar, called you a liar. I did ask and made a statement asking if you were by definition of the internet, trolling and later apologized for as I should have waited for you to provide some supporting information to your statement before suggesting that you were in fact "trolling". Neither the NFATCA or the BATFE has replied to me yet and given me anything to validate this. The post above is one of the many I found on various forums dating from 1/2011 to 5/2011. I originally asked you to simply provide a link, publication, news article to verify whether this was indeed fact or simply just another internet rumor.

Last edited:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    So u think the their gonna drop everything cause this sot doing business outa his basement wants validation of future changes in nfa transfer process.

That must be a big basement .

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    So u think the their gonna drop everything cause this sot doing business outa his basement wants validation of future changes in nfa transfer process.

Wait... you think 21centuryfirearms is running out of a basement? Man... I want that basement...

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    SO now you can read peoples minds... darn why don't you just read everyone's mind at the nfa division and just tell us what they are thinking so this argument will be over.

see the nice thing about that is, nobody needs to. When they change policy they tell people.

the policy has not changed, and zero proof has been offered to support claims it will be other than "some guy on the internet says so"

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    hmm

Now that Jeff has sent u an email confirming what I said already am I still a liar & a troll ?

Not a troll. Possibly mislead and way too excited about a step in a process that could very well still amount to nothing.:rolleyes:

And after reading the whole thread I believe you to be entirely too sensitive to percieved slights on the internet and slightly childish. YMMV:noway:
    Proud of Jahred's restrained responses.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County

You got us confused...I am the SOT out of the basement, and bidnezz is goooood.

Besides it stays cool in the basement and my wife doesn't like machine guns on the kitchen table.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Hide & watch lil fella

......TROLL !!!!

lord Gamez

I now bow to you lord Gamez

.... an intellect like yourself may get a hand written letter .

this sot doing business outa his basement

Alright, cut it out. I just now read through this because its not very often that this kind of childish drama exists in the C3 forum. Enough of the name-calling and personal attacks. This may fly on other forums but not here.

Consider this everyone's official in-thread warning. Get back on topic and keep the discussion civil or temp-bans will be handed out to those who cannot control themselves.

:mods:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    so quote all my smartass remarks but not his:yesway:
    Typical INGO
    He went back and edited his name calling
    the chidish drama began whem MR gamez started calling me names.
    Reread the thread were i quoted him & you will see
    Alright, cut it out. I just now read through this because its not very often that this kind of childish drama exists in the C3 forum. Enough of the name-calling and personal attacks. This may fly on other forums but not here.

Consider this everyone's official in-thread warning. Get back on topic and keep the discussion civil or temp-bans will be handed out to those who cannot control themselves.

:mods:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    so quote all my smartass remarks but not his:yesway:
    Typical INGO
    He went back and edited his name calling
    the chidish drama began whem MR gamez started calling me names.
    Reread the thread were i quoted him & you will see

I did read his unedited post (as you can plainly see in your quoted post). He never called you a troll. He asked if you were trolling, which is a valid question as it pertains to internet forums. That is different than calling someone a troll, which is what you did in turn.

I quoted all the name calling above. If I missed some, feel free to quote it here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom