• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    To all unknowing ingo members most all large businesses official corporate stance on carrying weapons is a huge NO THANKS!!!!! They would rather take this path than potentially pay/deal with the insurance liability.. Deal with it!!!! It's not news!! Be discreet in your carry and be glad you live in a state that is pretty lax on the laws governing where we can carry.. ........ Tim

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    To all unknowing ingo members most all large businesses official corporate stance on carrying weapons is a huge NO THANKS!!!!! They would rather take this path than potentially pay/deal with the insurance liability.. Deal with it!!!! It's not news!! Be discreet in your carry and be glad you live in a state that is pretty lax on the laws governing where we can carry.. ........ Tim
    I think it's been the Insurance Companies that's been at the ROOT of a lot of this Governmental Over-Reaching for years now! :xmad:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    ! They would rather take this path than potentially pay/deal with the insurance liability..

Citation, please. "Insurance" seems to be the scapegoat most of the time, but I've never had any business owner tell me that was why.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Citation, please. "Insurance" seems to be the scapegoat most of the time, but I've never had any business owner tell me that was why.

Every contractor I have ever worked for states it is a liability issue and insurance related. Total CYA on their part. If I get into a skirmish wearing their uniform, driving their truck, on their clock guess who the dirt bag ambulance chasers go after...the company as it has the deeper pockets. It is a fact folks.
    I have a good friend that got into a serious fist fight over a road rager smacking a woman around. He got out of his service truck and attempted to detain the rage roid A$$ Clown and ended up stomping him down to get him to stop. The rager then sued him, the company and the female in the car "He" was smacking around. If not for the wittiness's that came forward he might have succeeded as crazy as it sounds. My buddy lost his job. He is so glad he did not have to use his gun.
    It is totally about liability.

Edit...I am now a fully licensed sub-contractor. I do not adhere to their rules except in the dealings with customers.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    To all unknowing ingo members most all large businesses official corporate stance on carrying weapons is a huge NO THANKS!!!!!

For their employees? Sure, that's fairly common.

For visitors, customers and everyone else, I'll bet only a small fraction of companies have any policy of prohibiting weapons.

Of course, they're likely to make something up on the spot if you inquire, so never ask.

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    No guns

Rest assured it is a liability issue.. Their official corporate stance will all be the same.. Remember the robber that got shot in the face while attempting to rob Kroger December 2011??? He died(awesome!!) the poor mother of the perp has brought up charges against Kroger I believe and I'm certain of this, the lady whom was assaulted by the perp has filed charges against Kroger and the former manager for mental distress b/c she witnessed the perps death instead of her own!!!! Granted it was an employee but ?? If I'm not mistaken one of the lawsuits claims that Kroger was at fault for not enforcing a no firearms policy that allowed the perp to be shot???? Most of us normal folks cannot understand liability that comes with allowing the general public to come and go in and out of private property... Big responsibility!!!!!!!!

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    As far as having a liability issue. It is all about the money period. It is like this guy that tried to help the lady out only to be sued by the mother of the kid. The big company Stores will just settle it out of court and Mom has a big fat pay check. It isn't right but that is the way it now.

Top Bottom