• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    How about semi-autos that don't look like boat anchors.

Have you handled the SR-series pistols? They're slimmer in the grips than say, a Glock, and substantially slimmer than the P-series (not that it takes much :D)

I LOVE their revolvers, but would almost rather carry a hi-point than their semis....lol I really don't have any experience with the semis but can only assume they are over built (like a brick outhouse) the same way they overbuild their wheel guns. It's not a bad thing really. I'm confident that I couldn't possibly ever hurt or wear out my sp101.

They're built with quality, rather than huge hulking masses of overbuilt metal/plastic like the P-series. The one in the rental case at the shop I work at has 50k rounds or so through it and it's pumping right along. Of course a bit of wear from abuse, but it's a stout pistol. The SR9 that is.

I love Rugers cause they work! I could drop money on a 1911 that will need "tinkering" to work reliably or spend it on a Ruger that will work every time I pull the trigger out of the box.

My 1911s never took any tinkering :dunno: ;)

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    I love Ruger! At least the consistent dividends they pay.

+1 on that, Bill. Ruger has driven a large portion of my stock returns over the post-Obama era. They are selling every gun they make and that is pretty amazing considering our economy. Despite their founder's "problems", their current management knows how to sell guns!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    It would take a LOT to excite me coming from Ruger, they havent made one gun I would like to have for ... well ever.

But.. they DID say they "UNDOUBTEDLY" made the next firearm I "ASBSOLUTLY" must have...

So it sounds like I dont have a choice.

It will probably be some .410 redneck revolver like a Judge. But 2x as heavy.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    A 9mm LCP or a Ruger-flavored 1911 would be tasty. So would a Ruger SR-308 or M1 to go along with their ARs and Mini 14's. Although unlikely, I'd like to see them do a high-cap Mark III. I know making a double-stack rimfire feed reliably is tough, but if Kel-Tec can stuff 30 rnds of. 22 mag in the PMR, why can't Ruger do something similar with a. 22 LR?

My final guess is an SR1911.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    A few things I'd like to see:

*5-shot .44 Special 3" GP100 --> that would be F'n sweet

*4" SP101's chambered both in .357 and .327

*Return of the .22 SP101 - Ruger has no DA .22 in thier line-up anymore.

*.327 rifle i.e. a 77/.327

*.357 rifle i.e. 77/.357

*5-Shot .454 Blackhawk with Bisley grip frame in both 4-5/8's and 5.5 barrels

*An all steel centerfire semi-auto - no plastic, no aluminium. Pick a caliber.

*.41 magnum chambered GP100's

*Bisley's with fluted cylinders instead of that roll marking crap and bring back the shorter barrel offerings insead of just the 7.5".

*"Sheriff's Model" 3.75" Super Blackhawk

More will probably come to mind here in a bit.......

redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Who cares, its a Ruger. I have had a number of bad experiences with them, from the 10/22 I had that wouldn't shoot minute of elephant at 50 yards, to the brand new single action pistol I handled that was broken, FROM THE FACTORY! I won't own a Ruger now. YMMV

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Who cares, its a Ruger. I have had a number of bad experiences with them, from the 10/22 I had that wouldn't shoot minute of elephant at 50 yards, to the brand new single action pistol I handled that was broken, FROM THE FACTORY! I won't own a Ruger now. YMMV

Wow! YMMV is right. My mileage with all my Rugers has been way different.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    ahhh thank you lol
    only an hour to see what they have in store for us ruger lovers. it better be good tho, making me wait for a ranch rifle or 22 will not make me happy
    id like to see the sr40c or 1911 or a lcp in 9mm, all 3 would be ideal

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Ruger LC9?

Heard it somewhere else but can't confirm because it is blocked by work's firewall. Anybody have details they can put in here yet?!

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    LC9 It Is

7+1 capacity, 6" total length, 17 oz, $443 MSRP = probably $375 retail (after the initial rush). Not bad!

Top Bottom