• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Though I dont know you...I get a gut feeling that the above statement is FLASE! :D

Thank you for your responces. For my hub's sake...it better be legal, or he might just be replacable! lol

Its unfortunate that a man can lose his inalienable rights over BS. That's just another way they take every inch they can get. Some of the things that constitute a felony today are not even crimes that should effect your 2nd amendment rights. You can score a felony for traffic violations if they are deemed to be habitual. I have little faith in the system. If a man is deemed safe to be on our streets and part of our community then he should have the same rights as anyone else. Otherwise he should be dead or in prison...[/quote]
    Although it was a bit more harsh than a traffic violation it is still BS in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken the felony is from when he stayed the night at a friends house (18 y.o.)and him and his buddy decided to take his buddies fathers car on a joy ride. Needless to say he reported it stolen and pressed charges. And now...this is where we are....
    Ugh...we all did stupid things when we were younger....(maybe some not so much...but still)...

Anyways...I agree with your above statement!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Again..thanks for all the info. I'm pissed, yes. But dont get me wrong...I will do all the research I can and ask as many people as possible until I find out what I'm looking for. I will not give up on this because it is something I want REALLY bad. I wonder if it would help if I dont tell my husband when I get it and hide it where he cant find it...lol. Legally speaking...probably not! :)
    I will def talk to the hubby and see what HE can do. The felony was in the state of Florida so I'm not sure what he could do about it being in Indiana now! I know he can get the felony expunged but has never had a need to do it. He's never ran into problems with his felony because he's been legal ever since. So maybe that is the route we'll take? I'm not sure yet. I've got a lot of researching to do....
    I do thank you guys for taking the time to give me your advice. Hopefully at somepoint I WILL be the owner of a pretty little number! LOL

*cough* Bersa .380 *cough*

3426982949_3f3f475ffa_m.jpg

:rockwoot:

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Oooooo...I like! And it's in my price range!!! SOLD! :P seriously though...this has potential. IF I am okay to own...this my be it! THANKS

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Oooooo...I like! And it's in my price range!!! SOLD! :P seriously though...this has potential. IF I am okay to own...this my be it! THANKS

One thing to look out for. Ammo availability. If by the time you buy, ammo is still in short supply...you might want to consider a different caliber. Right now I can't find .380 ammo anywhere.

As for the Bersa, it is my first handgun, and I love it. I have small hands for a guy, as well as carpal tunnel, yet the Bersa is easy to hold and fire, and very comfortable in my hand. My wife has shot is and likes it as well.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Yeah, I know about the Ammo. Been going from gun shop to gun shop looking and asking questions and I have heard a lot about the ammo shortage. The shelves are near empty around here.....and people wonder why I'm set on buying NOW rather than later. Who knows if we are "allowed" later!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I dont know if what I heard is true. But at the gun range out around here the owner told me he just got notice they were going to start taxing it 500%. Like I said, not sure if it's true, but it's what he told me!

Husband being a felon and all...can I legally have bow's and arrow's?

citizenvain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Its unfortunate that a man can lose his inalienable rights over BS.

We need a seperate dicsussion for this! I'm in agreement with you. Though I may be on the more "liberal" end of this as I believe no matter the crime, if someone has served their time and been released, they are now again citizens. If NOT, why relase them in the first place?

I could be wrong, but I think I've also heard that in some states you can't vote if you're a convicted felon?

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    We need a seperate dicsussion for this! I'm in agreement with you. Though I may be on the more "liberal" end of this as I believe no matter the crime, if someone has served their time and been released, they are now again citizens. If NOT, why relase them in the first place?

I could be wrong, but I think I've also heard that in some states you can't vote if you're a convicted felon?

I hear you on this. My husband can't vote in Florida...where the conviction took place but can and has voted here in Indiana. He has not taken it upon himself to get his rights restored in Florida yet.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    RM - also keep in mind that since you're in Ft. Wayne, you're close to Bluffton; and in Bluffton you'll find David @ 21st Century Firearms.

When the time comes, I'd HIGHLY recommend stopping in and talk with David. Mention that you're an INGO member and you'll get the red carpet!

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    RM - also keep in mind that since you're in Ft. Wayne, you're close to Bluffton; and in Bluffton you'll find David @ 21st Century Firearms.

When the time comes, I'd HIGHLY recommend stopping in and talk with David. Mention that you're an INGO member and you'll get the red carpet!

Will do! :) Thanks for the heads up!

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    A guy I work with is in the same situation. Mistake made when young. Felony. He petitioned to the Govenor to have this removed from his record. He told me it takes about 2 years after you file the paperwork. By the way his wife bought a revolver she carries with a permit. She keeps it in a lockbox at home that he does not have the combo to.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    So unless I'm reading this wrong (and I know you guys are not lawyers....), what your saying is *I* could "maybe" still carry ON ME even if my husband (the felon) is around?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As other poster's have said, I don't think the issue is YOU at all, rather, it's what could happen to hubby. It would take a situation where you were pulled over, of the police were in your house, etc, they saw your gun, then ran his ID and saw the felony.

I am not even so sure about the car part, but the house part I am pretty confident on.

I had a friend in California that lived in a boarding house after he was paroled. His parole office came to his apartment, and somehow found out another tenant had a gun. Violation of parole, 6 more months in jail. Since it was an old house, turned into apartments with a common bathroom and kitchen, they considered it "on the premises".

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I didn't mention before, but it would be in your interest to contact Bryan L. Ciyou Esq., Google it or PM me if you need his contact info, Ciyou and Dixon, in Indy. He wrote the book, literally.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    A guy I work with is in the same situation. Mistake made when young. Felony. He petitioned to the Govenor to have this removed from his record. He told me it takes about 2 years after you file the paperwork. By the way his wife bought a revolver she carries with a permit. She keeps it in a lockbox at home that he does not have the combo to.

And this is how you do it.

YOU are fine and legal to own a gun. Your husband, OTOH, could get into trouble if someone decided he had possession or control of the gun. Keep it away from him, when it's not on you keep it locked, and he doesn't get a key. Never ever does he get to touch it, or have the ability to touch it.

I'm no lawyer, though, and you need to see one to be sure.

slottech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2008
    N.W. IN
    I am in kind of the same situation and as far as I understand it, a felon is not supposed to be in the same place as firearms regardless of who owns them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom