• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbusyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2018
    South of Indy
    I was pleasantly surprised with Chief Justice Roberts comments, considering how much how much talk there has been that he would be a "swing vote" on gun rights cases.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Yesterday Guy mentioned Justice Kagan (of all people) asking the NY lawyers (paraphrasing) "What other Constitutional protection requires such stringent local control?" I mean if you've lost Elena Kagan...

With that said I would be shocked if this came back 7-2. She'll vote like an ideologue instead of judging the case on merits. From NYC, Princeton and Oxford, Harvard Law (student and Dean), White House Counsel under Clinton, on SCOTUS by Obama and replaced an anti, no way she's on the same side as, well, INGO.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but 6-3 looks most likely.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yesterday Guy mentioned Justice Kagan (of all people) asking the NY lawyers (paraphrasing) "What other Constitutional protection requires such stringent local control?" I mean if you've lost Elena Kagan...

With that said I would be shocked if this came back 7-2. She'll vote like an ideologue instead of judging the case on merits. From NYC, Princeton and Oxford, Harvard Law (student and Dean), White House Counsel under Clinton, on SCOTUS by Obama and replaced an anti, no way she's on the same side as, well, INGO.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong, but 6-3 looks most likely.
    I know you said that you were paraphrasing but if she actually said "Constitutional protection" it's an admission that the 2nd Amendment is a protected Constitutional right the same as all other rights.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I know you said that you were paraphrasing but if she actually said "Constitutional protection" it's an admission that the 2nd Amendment is a protected Constitutional right the same as all other rights.
    The mental gymnastics required to think the 2nd Amendment was adopted so our Military could be armed is simply astounding. Military has been synonymous with Armed Forces since they were armed with pointy sticks and clubs.

I'm sure the ghost of Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg will visit her and make sure she gets her mind right. Or she thought she was throwing them a softball question and would get a better response than, "UUUUHHHHHHH..."

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The mental gymnastics required to think the 2nd Amendment was adopted so our Military could be armed is simply astounding. Military has been synonymous with Armed Forces since they were armed with pointy sticks and clubs.

I'm sure the ghost of Ruth Buzzi Ginsberg will visit her and make sure she gets her mind right. Or she thought she was throwing them a softball question and would get a better response than, "UUUUHHHHHHH..."
    A Constitutionally protected right of the people should not be limited by the government based upon approval by the government of the need of the people to exercise it. Any SC vote to the contrary is ideological intellectual dishonesty and a betrayal of the SCOTUS's sole mandate to protect the Constitutional rights of the people.

It's pretty simple. The heart of the issue especially concerning this case is why should the government be allowed to require the people to prove that they need to exercise a protected Constitutional right before they are granted that right by the government? The Constitution grants us that right. Not the government. It's totally un-Constitutional. This should be a 9-0 decision in favor of the people.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And on a related note, I heard a rather unsettling bit on NPR yesterday as I ran around running errands. Something like "What if the supreme court's power was no longer recognized? I mean, they have power because we think they have power... kinda like fairy dust power. What if the two branches just stopped listening to them? And he gave examples in history where they actually did flat out ignore rulings, and nothing happened because the court's power derives solely from the other two branches being willing to listen to them. Nothing happens to them (exec/legislative) if they just ignore the ruling because SCOTUS has no actual enforcement mechanism. " (heavily paraphrased)

Its telling that someone would claim to be an intellectual and flat out suggest that there is nothing giving them power. Then again these are idiots that ignore the Constitution regularly because its antiquated and not so useful any more.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    And on a related note, I heard a rather unsettling bit on NPR yesterday as I ran around running errands. Something like "What if the supreme court's power was no longer recognized? I mean, they have power because we think they have power... kinda like fairy dust power. What if the two branches just stopped listening to them? And he gave examples in history where they actually did flat out ignore rulings, and nothing happened because the court's power derives solely from the other two branches being willing to listen to them. Nothing happens to them (exec/legislative) if they just ignore the ruling because SCOTUS has no actual enforcement mechanism. " (heavily paraphrased)

Its telling that someone would claim to be an intellectual and flat out suggest that there is nothing giving them power. Then again these are idiots that ignore the Constitution regularly because its antiquated and not so useful any more.
    Simple… the people should exercise the right being denied by simply ignoring the laws/restrictions government is leaving in place in defiance of SCOTUS’ ruling. The people should be urged to do so by those who brought the case (and similar advocacy organizations). I’m thinking in terms of a HUGE, defiant publicity campaign here—very direct in nature. I think this would fall squarely under the category “resistance to tyranny”. Can’t arrest ‘em all…

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Hitler once asked how many Divisions the Pope had, implying the Pope had no power.
    Yet..

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    "What if the supreme court's power was no longer recognized? I mean, they have power because we think they have power... kinda like fairy dust power. What if the two branches just stopped listening to them? And he gave examples in history where they actually did flat out ignore rulings, and nothing happened because the court's power derives solely from the other two branches being willing to listen to them. Nothing happens to them (exec/legislative) if they just ignore the ruling because SCOTUS has no actual enforcement mechanism. "
    Well, the individuals and organizations advocating such a position would be domestic enemies. As stated in the Constitution and contemporaneous works, and so eloquently spoken in the declaration of Independence "...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

These ***hats need a history lesson. I don't think they want to go there!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, the individuals and organizations advocating such a position would be domestic enemies. As stated in the Constitution and contemporaneous works, and so eloquently spoken in the declaration of Independence "...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

These ***hats need a history lesson. I don't think they want to go there!
    And those same half-wits in the camp of the person I quoted, would call you a domestic terrorist for suggesting it. Even though it is called for in the constitution. SMH

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I was pleasantly surprised with Chief Justice Roberts comments, considering how much how much talk there has been that he would be a "swing vote" on gun rights cases.
    Is this the same Roberts that said he did not agree with Obamacare, right up until the time of the vote and then shocked everyone by voting for it? The man can be bribed, thats his record.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

100%....this is already happening, The democrats have gone nuts, they own ATF, FBI, CIA...we the people have no allies in Government that have a ounce of power. And it has happened many times in the past including when Lincoln had the Governor of Ohio thrown into jail, he could care less what SCOTUS had to say. He had all the power. Biden and his followers are doing as they please, they could care less about SCOTUS, its evil times, and the evil have the power.

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Just a few gems I plucked from the comment section of the LAT article. Enjoy!

-A shotgun for home protection and a single acton bolt rifle for hunting is all one needs. Anything beyond that should not be allowed. Men walking around in public armed look ridiculous. If you are that much of a ‘fraidy cat, lock yourself in a closet and stay there. There is no need for anyone to walk around armed but to illustrate one’s cowardice.

-Actually, being able to vote out a tyrannical government made the 2nd amendment completely moot and it should be repealed immediately. Our government currently has a standing army that would decimate any armed militia or an armed individual. So, there's no reason to be armed to overthrow our government (the original idea for the 2nd amendment). our armed forces have tanks and ships and planes and nuclear bombs. No armed citizen or militia is going to win any type of war. Besides, all American citizens have something a billion times more powerful than any gun or nuclear weapon to fix our government. It's called a vote. With a vote, you and your fellow citizens can simply replace any government you don't like and replace it with one you do like. Every 4 years or so. So, once again, repeal the 2nd amendment as it is completely useless in today's society.

-"Well regulated militia" refers to slave patrols.
    The 2nd Amendment is about protecting slavery, not freedom.
    Wow - they just don't get it, can't get it, never will get it... come and get it.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Actually, being able to vote out a tyrannical government made the 2nd amendment completely moot and it should be repealed immediately.
    Somebody get this guy a dictionary. Help him find the "T" words.
    Our government currently has a standing army that would decimate any armed militia or an armed individual.
    It's not like a militia could a loosely organized group of illiterate goat-herders with 70 year old weapons or anything.

I'll stop now before my blood pressure goes up more.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Somebody get this guy a dictionary. Help him find the "T" words.

It's not like a militia could a loosely organized group of illiterate goat-herders with 70 year old weapons or anything.

I'll stop now before my blood pressure goes up more.
    And let's not forget, there are more combat trained veterans, than there are active duty troops.

Top Bottom