• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Somebody get this guy a dictionary. Help him find the "T" words.

It's not like a militia could a loosely organized group of illiterate goat-herders with 70 year old weapons or anything.

I'll stop now before my blood pressure goes up more.

And I guess the military no longer needs to study asymmetrical warfare.. you know.. since it "can't" exist

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    And on a related note, I heard a rather unsettling bit on NPR yesterday as I ran around running errands. Something like "What if the supreme court's power was no longer recognized? I mean, they have power because we think they have power... kinda like fairy dust power. What if the two branches just stopped listening to them? And he gave examples in history where they actually did flat out ignore rulings, and nothing happened because the court's power derives solely from the other two branches being willing to listen to them. Nothing happens to them (exec/legislative) if they just ignore the ruling because SCOTUS has no actual enforcement mechanism. " (heavily paraphrased)

Its telling that someone would claim to be an intellectual and flat out suggest that there is nothing giving them power. Then again these are idiots that ignore the Constitution regularly because its antiquated and not so useful any more.
    Thanks Cameramonkey for sharing this.

I'm amazed this was on National Propaganda Radio. Do they realize how dangerous this concept is, and more so to the left ideologues? I don't disagree with the premise, but it applies uniformly. The entire Constitution only has power because the people agree to give it power. It's a contract, and contracts are only meaningful if all parties honor it. The alternative is breach of contract. The injured party can choose to ignore the breach (as we do every day), because the value of the overall agreement is more important to us than the breach. We need more enforcement of the root contract, not more breaching!

My problem with the 'left' arguments is generally not the concept, it's the immaturity. They don't allow their ideas to mature to an understanding beyond the immediate. "I crafted something that sounds smart. I win!" No ability to run the idea out to it's eventual result. Ignore the courts? Do they have any clue how this plays out?

If the contract is void, individuals take back their individual power, and pursue their individual 'justice', based on their individual beliefs and interests. In this condition - all [people] are not created equal. I'm very confident that the purple haired alphabet soup Liberal Arts professors will not have the same 'rights' as many others. This is an 'intellectual' fool slitting their own throat! (figuratively).

Back to the focus of the thread - if the Constitution is rejected by the masses, people will only have the 'rights' that they can secure and defend for themselves. The 2nd Amendment is the only piece that will still be in tact, and it will be defended more - vigerously - than ever in my lifetime!

(I just deleted the rest of a dangerous rant for the general good)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, my 12yo daughter makes some arguments like that. Last night we were talking and she got it in her head that even though Rittenhouse did nothing illegal by shooting 3 assailants in self defense, he should still be punished a LITTLE for killing people. There is no way he should be allowed to walk free and not at least get in trouble a little bit. Even if he didnt break any laws.

I didnt try getting into the weeds with the concept of what he is dealing with is technically punishment (the trial, already jailed, already convicted in the court of public opinion, etc) because this happened literally minutes before bedtime.

But at least my daughter has an excuse; she's an ignorant, immature child that doesn't understand how the world works. What is their excuse?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Their excuse is the same. :dunno:

Yep. The Left enacts ignorant, destructive policies all the time and instead of dealing with the fallout, they double down and have their media mouthpieces declare victory. Then they beg and borrow more money to throw onto the dumpster fires that are the cities and states they rule.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    But at least my daughter has an excuse; she's an ignorant, immature child that doesn't understand how the world works. What is their excuse?

I seem to remember talk among democrat/liberals the voting age should be lowered IIRC to 16 years. They get that and next it will be 14 years of age to vote. The goal is to get more voters like your daughter (no offence to you or your daughter). They want immature voters that have no real world experience just public school indoctrination. Jim.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I seem to remember talk among democrat/liberals the voting age should be lowered IIRC to 16 years. They get that and next it will be 14 years of age to vote. The goal is to get more voters like your daughter (no offence to you or your daughter). They want immature voters that have no real world experience just public school indoctrination. Jim.

Not to thread jack, but I would like to see the voting age raised instead of lowered. Give people enough time to work in the real world for a few years out of college so they can start to see through some of the indoctrination... ;)

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    So…best case scenario, when can we expect the decision to be released? I would LOVE for the leftists to finally get the message that the 2nd Amendment is a REAL amendment. I want to see their tears on the national news.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So…best case scenario, when can we expect the decision to be released? I would LOVE for the leftists to finally get the message that the 2nd Amendment is a REAL amendment. I want to see their tears on the national news.
    From what I've read June, maybe early July.

Top Bottom