New York AG Files Lawsuit Against Worlds Largest Beef Producer…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    First she went after the NRA, then Trump, now beef.

“I’m suing @JBSFoodsUSA, the world’s largest beef producer, for misleading the public about its environmental impact,” Letitia James said on X. “The beef industry is one of the largest contributors to climate change, and JBS has falsely advertised its commitment to sustainability and endangered our planet.”

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    This needs to stop. I am unsure right now how to do that. Big govt with virtually unlimited resources going after private business. They will just try to outspend them. If you are a mid to small business, they have you. You can’t afford to defend yourself against this. This type of thing is what tyrannical government looks like. Clothed in environmentalist garb, but still tyrannical.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    All of this makes money for law firms, and puts her in the spotlight as a crusader for the oppressed. She's going to run for higher office and this plus her checking many of the media boxes is all the voters will care about.

Expect to see this as a model for more ambitious users of lawfare, at the end of the day taxpayers pick up the tab for it all.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Step 1: Create strict food safety regulations that small producers can't afford to implement, thereby consolidating food and animal production to just a handful of the largest corporate owned entities, making it easier to control the market since there are fewer players.

Step 2: Create a false narrative that animal production is destroying the environment.

Step 3: Sue the massive corporate owned producers, bleed them dry, forcing them to raise food prices to recoup the stolen money.

Step 4: When people can't afford the higher cost of goods being charged, step in with government handouts and play the savior.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Step 1: Create strict food safety regulations that small producers can't afford to implement, thereby consolidating food and animal production to just a handful of the largest corporate owned entities, making it easier to control the market since there are fewer players.

Step 2: Create a false narrative that animal production is destroying the environment.

Step 3: Sue the massive corporate owned producers, bleed them dry, forcing them to raise food prices to recoup the stolen money.

Step 4: When people can't afford the higher cost of goods being charged, step in with government handouts and play the savior.
    Which steps are to make and create the soylent green?

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The problem isn't that there are stupid people like this, in office.

The problem is, that there are enough stupid people to ELECT these people in office.
    Remember when Eliot Spitzer (aka "Client #9" of the famed "Emperor's Club") was Attorney General of New York? NY AG has always been a joke of an office. It's the political stepping-stone to Governor, and since Wall Street is located there, it's the Star Wars Bar Scene of legal grand-standing against capitalism. My wife has liberal relatives who live there, and seeing how big of a freak you can send to Albany is the long-standing political sport of those people.

When Client #9 was NY AG, his claim-to-fame was filing suit after suit against Wall Street Banks. I can still remember the squeaky squeal of delight in my wife's uncle's voice, as he beamed with pride, saying "Oh, Eliot Spitzer will BE the next Governor of New York!" (...while he was setting himself up for charges of interstate trafficking in hookers...)

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Remember when Eliot Spitzer (aka "Client #9" of the famed "Emperor's Club") was Attorney General of New York? NY AG has always been a joke of an office. It's the political stepping-stone to Governor, and since Wall Street is located there, it's the Star Wars Bar Scene of legal grand-standing against capitalism. My wife has liberal relatives who live there, and seeing how big of a freak you can send to Albany is the long-standing political sport of those people.

When Client #9 was NY AG, his claim-to-fame was filing suit after suit against Wall Street Banks. I can still remember the squeaky squeal of delight in my wife's uncle's voice, as he beamed with pride, saying "Oh, Eliot Spitzer will BE the next Governor of New York!" (...while he was setting himself up for charges of interstate trafficking in hookers...)
    Oh the good old simple days.

Top Bottom