• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    If the concern is about scammers and hackers in the classifieds, then why not put the extra login security in place when placing an ad instead of requiring members the extra steps each login? And how do we know the hack wasn't from capturing passwords on compromised devices? I do know that I used to really enjoy logging into INGO and reading the discussions and sometimes participating if I thought I might have something to add. But this login procedure is frustrating to me.

I continually have to put in an email code, which I don't receive the email until after it has expired even though the trust this device has been selected. Sometimes it doesn't show up in my email inbox until hours later. I end up using the backup codes that I was finally able to obtain, but I am quickly running out of those. So far, I haven't been able to find any information on how to fix my logins so that I might not have to continuously use codes to login and no way to contact anyone for help when my logins fail since you have to be logged in to send a message. This added frustration changes my mood and affects my desire to participate as well. I'm not required to perform a login process like this even when I access my investment accounts.

I'm just an old fart and I know most here will just pass this post off as a rare occurrence, but what if I'm not the only one? How many members will just give up due to the unwanted login challenge? I know that it has affected me already and I know that soon I will just become a lurker like I was years ago and not login. I'm already adjusting to not logging in everyday or even visiting the website. I do hope that an answer will be found, but I don't think those on the left could do a better job in trying to disrupt a conservative pro-gun website.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You can disable 2FA on your account. Click on your username at the top of the page and you will see this see this screen:
    1631354822165.png

Click on Password and security and it will take you to this screen:
    1631354915242.png
    Where you see Two-step verification at the top of that screen, yours will say Enabled. Click on Change to the right of that and it will take you to this screen:
    1631355042030.png
    Enter your password and click Confirm, and then you will be taken to this screen:
    1631355113873.png
    Since you are using Email confirmation, your button on the right will say Disable. Click on that. Then you may get a message to enter a code (I don't remember) to confirm your choice. If so, the code will be sent to your email address. If you don't get prompted to do that, you may just need to click Okay or some such. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 1631354762254.png
      1631354762254.png
      132.8 KB · Views: 1

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    2FA is a PitA. I can see it for a bank account. But on a freaking gun forum?!?
    Under the exact circumstances that caused it to be turned on? Absolutely YES.

In case you missed it:
    Hacker breaks into your account.
    Hacker posing as you posts ad for a stupid cheap nonexistent product and only accepts online payments. (e.g. $1,000 NV goggles for $300)
    Another user thinks you have a good history and are trustworthy and sends "you" funds electronically.
    Hacker disappears with the money and you're getting blamed for scamming the other user.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just about any site you log into is a candidate for MFA. It's easier when you can get a push instead of enter a code, but that isn't always possible

Top Bottom