• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My 5.56 suppressor from Suppressed Armament Systems in Evansville arrived yesterday. I've put around 100 rounds through it today and it sounds awesome. Looks pretty good on my SBR too ;)

It's currently attached via an adapter which moves it out just past the end of my FF rail. As soon as I can get the inside diameter of the FF rail opened up a bit the suppressor will be tucked under there about 3/4" and help the balance and appearance a little bit.

Here's how it looks right now:
    img00073cm0.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Cory, I wish I new you were going in that direction with your build, I just sold a Troy 10" forearm that I had "opened" up so my AAC-M4-2000 would fit in.

ModdedTroy_006.jpg

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Cory, I wish I new you were going in that direction with your build, I just sold a Troy 10" forearm that I had "opened" up so my AAC-M4-2000 would fit in.

CRAP!!!!!

What'd you use to open it up? Everything I've got for the die grinder or dremel is clogging up so fast it's useless. The only thing working is a file and that is taking forever...

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Cory, maybe a die grinder bit designed for aluminum?

I remember in metals shop over a decade ago having a different set of tools for machining aluminum than other metals.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    CRAP!!!!!

What'd you use to open it up? Everything I've got for the die grinder or dremel is clogging up so fast it's useless. The only thing working is a file and that is taking forever...

I used a Bridgeport Mill, that I no longer have access to.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    CRAP!!!!!

Get a bar of soap, use it kinda like wax on the bit.. also use a spray bottle with water and a few drops of soap, spray the part and the bit as you go to help keep it cool... Heat is why the aluminum sticks and clogs the tools:thumbsup:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Is it impracticle to take the forend off?
    I have a Lathe I think would work well for clearancing the opening

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Hi Allen, I've been told it isn't advisable to try to turn this rail because it's a two piece rail. I'm supposed to meet up with a gentleman later this week to have him take a look at either milling it or turning it on a lathe. Thanks for the help though!

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    No problem, I guess I could have been more specific though, I can do the same mill and lathe work as well if you need something in the future :)

Top Bottom