• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    This study shows a significant increase in Autism spectrum disorders among children vaccinated with vaccines containing Thimerosal, compared to those vaccinated without it.

Conclusion

The present study provides new epidemiological evidence supporting an association between increasing organic-Hg exposure from Thimerosal-containing childhood vaccines and the subsequent risk of ASD diagnosis.

Using a two-phased, hypothesis-generating and hypothesis-testing, epidemiological analytical methodology in two separate databases, organic-Hg exposure from Thimerosal-containing childhood vaccines was determined to be associated with a subsequent diagnosis of an ASD.

In addition, in phase II within the VSD, the present study placed special emphasis on requiring an adequate follow-up period in the analysis. Thus, the cases and controls were followed for a sufficient, evidenced-based interval of time, to ensure that they were appropriately classified with respect to their exposures and outcomes, thus helping to ensure the potential for a cause and-effect relationship between exposure and outcome was not biased or confounded.

Future studies should be completed to further evaluate the relationship between other sources of organic-Hg exposure from Thimerosal containing childhood vaccines and other chronic disorders, and to further explore potential subpopulations and the timing of exposure to organic-Hg from Thimerosal containing vaccine administration associated with adverse outcomes.

Read the full study here:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/2047-9158-2-25.pdf

According to the CDC some vaccines still include Thimerasol, including many Influenza vaccines.

CDC - Thimerosal and 2013-2014 Seasonal Flu Vaccines | Seasonal Influenza (Flu)
    Do the 2013-2014 seasonal flu vaccines contain thimerosal?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several formulations of the seasonal flu vaccine, including multi-dose vials and single-dose units. (See Table of Approved Influenza Vaccines for the U.S. 2013–2014 Season.) Since seasonal influenza vaccine is produced in large quantities for annual immunization campaigns, some of the vaccine is produced in multi-dose vials, and contains thimerosal to safeguard against possible contamination of the vial once it is opened.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Real huge journal they found to get that published...

WHO says 2micrograms per kilogram per day is acceptable mercury ingestion. They are getting 12.5-25mcg at most once a month. I dunno... It's possible, but this isn't proven by any means.

Curious, are you a proponent of vaccinating if there is no mercury involved?

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Real huge journal they found to get that published...

The study is well documented. If you disagree with it, you should explain why. The size of the journal is irrelevant.

WHO says 2micrograms per kilogram per day is acceptable mercury ingestion.

What scientific method did they use to arrive at this conclusion? How is 'acceptable' defined? Anything that doesn't cause immediately noticeable neurological symptoms or death?

Do you have a link to this study?

They are getting 12.5-25mcg at most once a month. I dunno... It's possible, but this isn't proven by any means.

This study showed a pretty strong correlation. I am open to discussion. Are there any other uncontrolled variables that could explain this correlation?

Curious, are you a proponent of vaccinating if there is no mercury involved?

I'm not really a proponent one way or another. I think each person must weigh the risks and benefits themselves, and also take into account their own willingness to take care of their bodies.

I am, however, a strong proponent of providing information on both sides of this debate. Contrary to most doctors' opinions, I think people can and should take responsibility for their own health and medical decisions.

The dangers of vaccines are understated. Their effectiveness is overstated. The danger of some of the diseases they supposedly prevent is wildly exaggerated. I'd like to see some intellectual and scientific honesty in this debate. Until I see that, I will remain skeptical of what the government tells me is best for me.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    The study is well documented. If you disagree with it, you should explain why. The size of the journal is irrelevant.

The size may be irrelevant, but the reputation of the journal, or lack thereof, is not.

This study showed a pretty strong correlation. I am open to discussion. Are there any other uncontrolled variables that could explain this correlation?

Correlation does not equal causation. Even an R value of 1 would not guarantee causation.

The dangers of vaccines are understated. Their effectiveness is overstated. .

Tell that to polio, or maybe smallpox.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The size may be irrelevant, but the reputation of the journal, or lack thereof, is not.

Correlation does not equal causation. Even an R value of 1 would not guarantee causation.

Tell that to polio, or maybe smallpox.

Polio, do you know how to get that in the USA?

From the CDC's website.

From 1980-1999 there were 162 confirmed cases of paralytic polio cases reported.

Of the 162 cases 8 were acquired from outside the USA the other 154 were caused by the oral vaccine itself. Seems the vaccine was the most prolific way of obtaining Polio during that 19 years. Seems like enough evidence to me to raise a few questions.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/Polio/Disease FAQs

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

What is the reputation of this journal? What reputation do you require? How does one measure such a thing?

The study is all there, plain as day. Read it and refute it, if you can.

Hi, I'm science. Have we met?

This is common knowledge. I did not use the word 'causation'. And I'll ask you like I asked hoosierdoc, what other causes can you think of to explain this correlation?

From the CDC's website.

From 1980-1999 there were 162 confirmed cases of paralytic polio cases reported.

Of the 162 cases 8 were acquired from outside the USA the other 154 were caused by the oral vaccine itself. Seems the vaccine was the most prolific way of obtaining Polio during that 19 years. Seems like enough evidence to me to raise a few questions.

Yep, worst oral vaccine ever. Huge numbers killed and maimed by it. 50,000 just recently in India. This is scientific fact.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Pay no attention to the skull & crossbones emblazoned on every bottle and the Level 4 (Lethal) HAZMAT rating for transportation. This sh*t is safe, my peers with their huge journal told me. Line your children up for some neurotoxins, science haters.

thimersolvile.jpg

1.JPG

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

From the CDC's website.

Polio%2B1951%2B-%2B1993%2B%2BMMWR%2Bnotifiable%2Bdiseases%2BUS%2B1993.gif

This is the most conservative data I could find. Some indicated significantly more cases (up to 10x more) per year prior to 1952. Even using this data, that is a 99.9% reduction in polio cases from then to now.

Do you really believe that a 99.9% reduction is a bad thing? Perhaps we'd be better off with no vaccine, then we'd still have exponentially more cases than we do now.

Also worth noting that the vaccine to which you are referring is no longer used in the United States.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    What is the reputation of this journal? What reputation do you require? How does one measure such a thing?

I've never heard of it, and I do a fair bit of journal reading since my schooling and future career depend on it. I can't refute it because I haven't even read it, and even if I did, I don't have the resources or the drive to conduct a study to disprove it.

Hi, I'm science. Have we met?

This is common knowledge. I did not use the word 'causation'. And I'll ask you like I asked hoosierdoc, what other causes can you think of to explain this correlation?

lulz.

If it's common knowledge, perhaps you should refrain from throwing the word around to try and prove a point that cannot be proven scientifically with the data you present. Any number of factors could be at play...could be idiopathic as far as any of us know.

Yep, worst oral vaccine ever. Huge numbers killed and maimed by it. 50,000 just recently in India. This is scientific fact.

I couldn't find a legitimate news outlet reporting this anywhere. I'm not suggesting that it didn't happen just because mainstream media didn't report it, we all know they suck, but I can't find ANYTHING from anywhere other than conspiracy theory websites. Any references that these sites did include were to each other.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Pay no attention to the skull & crossbones emblazoned on every bottle and the Level 4 (Lethal) HAZMAT rating for transportation. This sh*t is safe, my peers with their huge journal told me. Line your children up for some neurotoxins, science haters.

thimersolvile.jpg

1.JPG

Good thing vaccines aren't composed entirely of thimerosal then, huh? Water is also toxic if ingested in large quantities. Some vaccines are preserved with .01% thimerosal. Far too dilute to be toxic according to numerous studies.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I've never heard of it, and I do a fair bit of journal reading since my schooling and future career depend on it. I can't refute it because I haven't even read it, and even if I did, I don't have the resources or the drive to conduct a study to disprove it.

Who cares? The science is presented. Read it and make your own analysis of the results. I'm waiting to hear yours.

lulz.

If it's common knowledge, perhaps you should refrain from throwing the word around to try and prove a point that cannot be proven scientifically with the data you present. Any number of factors could be at play...could be idiopathic as far as any of us know.

Let me point out a gigantic bit of hypocrisy.

You just posted a chart showing a decline in Polio related paralysis, along with the dates vaccines were released. You are trying to prove that the decrease in polio related paralysis was caused by vaccines. The only thing that chart shows is a correlation. In fact, the rates were already declining before the vaccines were released, something that your chart conveniently doesn't show.

The study that I have presented has far fewer uncontrolled variables than the chart that you presented. Yours ignores things such as medical interventions, sanitation, knowledge of the illness, and other factors that are proven to correlate toa decrease in this type of paralysis.

You can't come up with a single idea of another cause behind the correlation that I have shown.

I find it hilarious that I, a proclaimed member of the 'anti-science crowd', offer more legitimate scientific research than anyone else in these threads.

I couldn't find a legitimate news outlet reporting this anywhere. I'm not suggesting that it didn't happen just because mainstream media didn't report it, we all know they suck, but I can't find ANYTHING from anywhere other than conspiracy theory websites. Any references that these sites did include were to each other.

Shocking. I can't think of any reason or agenda that might prevent news outlets from reporting this study. None at all. Simply shocking.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Good thing vaccines aren't composed entirely of thimerosal then, huh? Water is also toxic if ingested in large quantities. Some vaccines are preserved with .01% thimerosal. Far too dilute to be toxic according to numerous studies.

You can't prove that something is not toxic. Attempting to prove a negative is illogical and impossible.

A claim that something is not toxic is simply saying 'We are not yet aware of any particular harmful effects'.

We are aware now.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You can't prove that something is not toxic. Attempting to prove a negative is illogical and impossible.

A claim that something is not toxic is simply saying 'We are not yet aware of any particular harmful effects'.

We are aware now.

Perhaps in medicine; not in mathematics or physics.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

Just using my google powers it seems
    The journal "Translational Neurodegeneration" is a peer reviewed, respected journal in the neurological arena.

So ...
    The relationship between vaccines, especially those containing Thimerosal, and ANY ill effects on childrens should continue to be studied ... in my no-so-humble opinion.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I find it hilarious that I, a proclaimed member of the 'anti-science crowd', offer more legitimate scientific research than anyone else in these threads.

No you didn't. You linked to a paper "published' in a year old open access journal. To top it all off, the chief researchers are the Greir family. Mark was stripped of his medical license in EVERY state in which he practiced. The family, quite literally, work out their garage. You may want to brush up them. Oh, and reading about impact factor will answer some of your other questions.

What you posted isn't mere junk-science, it is full blown quackery. They "treat" autism with Lupron - chemical castration.

Mark Geier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    No you didn't. You linked to a paper "published' in a year old open access journal. To top it all off, the chief researchers are the Greir family. Mark was stripped of his medical license in EVERY state in which he practiced. The family, quite literally, work out their garage. You may want to brush up them. Oh, and reading about impact factor will answer some of your other questions.

What you posted isn't mere junk-science, it is full blown quackery. They "treat" autism with Lupron - chemical castration.

Mark Geier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I fully expect any scientist to be treated with disdain if he goes against the mainstream medical industry.

I am still waiting to hear an explanation demonstrating the fault in this research.

Top Bottom