• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I know that some "private sales" go on at gun shows. I would venture to guess that it is a very small percent. I've never witnessed a gun sale from individual to individual, but I have seen a couple of sales to a vendor. Now, I have seen magazines being sold privately, but that is not what's being targeted.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    The writer has a blanket statement for all replies lol. Like a typical grabber who says they are pro 2A he mentions how he's an avid hunter and his shotgun blah blah blah, buuuut.....

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I didn't know anyone even still read the star. Their website has always sucked but once they went to that pay model, I was done with them.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I dont do facebook but I emailed the idiot. I explained again like has been tried he is a uninformed fool. But what makes him dangerous is he is a FUDD. Other idiots read his drivel and think because he is a hunter than he must be a "good" gun owner.

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I didn't know anyone even still read the star. Their website has always sucked but once they went to that pay model, I was done with them.
    When you run out of the free articals hit f12 and clear the cookies for the star.
    I only look at the hard copy comics and some of the sports online. Wont pick up the rest.

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just cancelled my subscription. I've been thinking about it for quite a while but just kept putting it off. The article that was referenced finally did it for me. If I want fiction I can go to the library.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I do not believe the author read §122 before writing about the legislation.

He has no clue was the Toomey-Manchin Amendment says.

Sen. Toomey Offers Full Text Of Public Safety And Second Amendment Rights Protection Act Online | Pat Toomey | Senator for Pennsylvania

Look at §122(a)(4):

4) by inserting after subsection (s), as redesignated, the following:
    "(t)(1) Beginning on the date that is 180 days after the date of enactment of this subsection and except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed dealer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed importer to complete the transfer of a firearm to any other person who is not licensed under this chapter, if such transfer occurs-
    "(A) at a gun show or event, on the curtilage thereof; or
    "(B) pursuant to an advertisement, posting, display or other listing on the Internet or in a publication by the transferor of his intent to transfer, or the transferee of his intent to acquire, the firearm.

This legislation is moronic and will not stop mad men but it will make 38th Street more dangerous as INGO members traipse to parking lots across from the Indy1500 fairgrounds to do private sales off gun show property/curtilage.

Stunningly moronic.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I was reading an article today and it stated the Government wanted background checks that takes 48 to 72 hours to clear. Sounds more like a forced waiting time to me. I bought a rifle at the last 1500 show and the check took only a few minutes. Why does the government gets involved efficiency gets lost?

That's the way it looks to me, too. There is one line in the bill that removes the word "or" from 44 USC 922 that appears to reinstate a 3 day waiting period. I have to compare that section after analyzing the entire bill, but that was my first impression.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    One of the authors of this mess stated that "word of mouth" sales would not require background checks. I'll admit that I have no direct experience with this, but isn't "word of mouth" the way criminals get their guns?

Top Bottom