• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Apparently you have to be a FB member to comment. These were my rejected comments:

"I have attended dozens of gun shows and dont have a clue what this article is talking about. Go to a gun show and buy a gun - just try. You will get a background check. Try to buy a gun on the internet. You will get a background check because no one will ship except from an FFL to another FFL. Period. Is this journalism? A 5th grader could do a better job. If you want a fun afternoon, try some research. Try researching how many NICS checks have been conducted. Then find out how many CONVICTIONS have resulted. Get back with me. By the way, Indiana had a UBC law for over 20 years - ZERO convictions."

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I would comment this:

Typical uninformed writing by someone with a political axe to grind. All commercial and internet sales are already REQUIRED to have a background check already. I really dislike the recent crop of ignorant reporters who seem to only want to further their political agenda as opposed to present the TRUTH. Disgusting!

Except they FORCE you to sign up for crappy Facebook and I won't bend to their will.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    The Star isn't in the business of being truthful. They're in the business to sell papers and they know many of their readers are liberals so they readily pander to that crowd. Accuracy in reporting is not important to them and hasn't been for a long time.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Progressivism exemplified...

They didn't get all they wanted but they got more than they had.

(Presuming it passes, that is).

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    What happened to reporting the news? Reporting the facts of an issue without bias. Journalism is dead.What is called news is just someone pushing an agenda, be it conservative or progressive. Both are guilty.

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I was reading an article today and it stated the Government wanted background checks that takes 48 to 72 hours to clear. Sounds more like a forced waiting time to me. I bought a rifle at the last 1500 show and the check took only a few minutes. Why does the government gets involved efficiency gets lost?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I work in news. I've been in newspaper, radio, and tv. My experience is that it's not so much liberal bias (there is some) but it's more a case of cut and paste. Reporters are overworked and under paid. It's easier to copy a story from someone else, or simply re-write based on other reports. That's why you see all the different outlets with the same story. There's no incentive or time to do any real reporting. The bosses only care that you're first and you get website clicks so they can sell ads.

In the 3 years I wrote TV news I think I only actually left the station twice. They expect you to create stories from wire feeds. I'm not making excuses. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. It's the main reason I left the MSM.

Last edited:

GoNavy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    I work in news. I've been in newspaper, radio, and tv. My experience is that it's not so much liberal bias (there is some) but it's more a case of cut and paste. Reporters are overworked and under paid. It's easier to copy a story from someone else, or simply re-write based on other reports. That's why you see all the different outlets with the same story. There's no incentive or time to do any real reporting. The bosses only care that you're first and you get website clicks so they can sell ads.

In the 3 years I wrote TV news I think I only actually left the station twice. They expect you to create stories from wire feeds. I'm not making excuses. I wish it wasn't that way, but it is. It's the main reason I left the MSM.

although i dont have any experience like you, IMO, its not a liberal bias, but the bias of the reporter (on any subject)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Bleh, who cares? The 'violation' of my right to carry a gun comes from the gun show promoters themselves.

The have NO problem selling me gun-related stuff in support of my RKBA and LTCH, just demand I disarm to go to their shows.

Good, I hope they close 'em all! :D

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Star is owned by Gannett. Is anyone surprised at this?

Look at who published the permit holder database name/address info a few months back. It was Gannett. They did it back east, they did it here in Indiana a few years ago. Gannett has a long anti-gun history.

Top Bottom