• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TClem24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Plainfield
    I talked to the vendors at the last 1500 gun show and no one had one so i was just wondering if anyone had one yet and what their thoughts were about the gun i have been reading up on them and I am pleased with what i have heard but just wanted to hear from some of you before purchasing one when i find one. Thank you.

TClem24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Plainfield
    Also cause i was pretty vague about that last post what type of caliber since they make it in different calibers. Which would you recommend.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Wife has one in 9mm. It's a beauty and shoots well. Honestly a better value than a comparable (and higher priced) tricked out gun that would run closer to 2k.

That said, I'd have never spent that kind of money on it.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I wouldn't. My wife did and is completely happy with it.

What I mean is, personally, if I'm dropping $1,250 (roughly) on a weapon I'd have gotten a M1A vs a compact 1911 (of any brand), lol.

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    I picked up a 9mm EMP a few months ago. It was "previously owned" but had not been fired since leaving the factory. It came with three magazines and I paid $875 out the door.

My wife quickly appropriated it and to be honest, she shoots it better than she shoots any other pistol that either of us own. It really is a good fit for her small hands.

The EMP is crazy accurate and has functioned flawlessly with all types of FMJ and hollow points. I highly recommend this pistol.

TClem24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Plainfield
    Same for me I also have smaller hands so that would help. That is why i bought a SR9 becaus of the slim grip and still get the high capacity 9mm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'll NOT be disappointed with an EMP!

It was, if I remember correctly, designed around the proportions of the 9x19 cartridge, as opposed to a shrink-down from a .45.

They are scary accurate; much more so than they ought to be for such a short-barreled pistol.

They are NOT as light as you'd think, though. Alloy frame, yes. And the frame is light. It's the big beefy slide and barrel that weighs the sucker down. And, honestly, it's not that much smaller, overall, than some of Springfield's micro .45 offerings...just proportioned differently.

If you're a fan of single action/1911-style pistols, this one is VERY difficult to beat.

Yes, they're pricey...but it's worth it.

-J-

Top Bottom