• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    So, here is an apparent photo of the newest little .380 coming soon from Sig.

Photo is from user BCFLLC on Sigforum so that credit goes where it's due!

p238.jpg

Looks like they purchased the rights to the Colt Mustang to me! And I want one and do not even know why lol, but I like the little guys.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A resurrection/updating of the Colt Mustang is not a bad thing, IMO. Quality and price point will determine its success. The pocket .380 market is rapidly becoming a crowded field, with options at all levels of the price spectrum. Wonder where this little guy will fit in?

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'll get a little more excited when they show the world a real photo and not an Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop rendering of one.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I'll get a little more excited when they show the world a real photo and not an Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop rendering of one.

What makes you say that? The fact that he's looking at a picture in a PDF through Adobe Acrobat?

I sure hope they learned from their Revo mistakes...

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    A little birdie just flew by and told me:

No details on the design of the pistol yet, but the P238 will be introduced at SHOT. Dealers my order them at that time. Will come in three models; Nitron, Two Tone, and All Stainless. Retail will be $459 - $559, depending on the model.

Well, if the above is true as I found on the web, (I know, it must be true right1) then the pricing is actually surprisingly good in my opinion. If I could get one in the $400 range I might have to try one. I'm left handed though so I hope ambi safety's are in the works. I have never carried a pistol with a safety though, not sure I want to either. But it sure is good looking imo.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    The rendering thing got brought up a few times on the other forum, but there were several others that said it was the real deal. Apparently it is the front cover of the 2009 sig dealer price list. The guy posting the original photo is an FFL dealer, and the ones saying it was real were other FFLs or dealers. Noone else is willing to show the photo though it seems so as not to incur the wrath of Sig.

Any dealers on here have access to the 2009 catalog?

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Oh so others are questioning it too...

I just saw it as an off the cuff comment and was wondering if it was a legitimate concern or not.

I'm not really concerned with whether or not it was posted by an FFL, or came from printed Sig media.

Point being, the owner of Sig himself could have hand delivered that brochure and that fact would have no bearing on whether Sig used an actual photo, a skilled rendering, a photo that was artistically enhanced to look artsy (as if to suggest a rendering) or skillfully crafted lumps of mashed potatoes that were then airbrushed by Jerome who airbrushes license plates and T-shirts at the local fair...

It could be a real photo and the final for-sale product could still look different in 4 months when it hits shelves.

There's simply no telling...

:dunno:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    You'll often see professional photographs having a similar quality to them. It comes from the photographer cleaning up and softening the photo.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    It is nice looking, but as much as I like 1911's and SA auto's somethign abotu cocked and locked in my pocket makes me a bit nervous. Guess I"ll just stick with my S&W 442.

Doug K

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    You'll often see professional photographs having a similar quality to them. It comes from the photographer cleaning up and softening the photo.

That was what I thought it looked like to me too, it's not a "real" photo in that it has been worked over for a catalog and the like, but it does not appear to be a "chop" to me. It may be who knows, but I'm inclined to believe it for now. Will know for sure in just about a week or so.

I am still betting Ruger shows a 9mm partner to the LCP at this show. Could be wrong but after seeing the runaway success that the LCP is I would sure have been making one! (or coping the PF9, whatever! :D)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yep, it's real... and the pricing is surprisingly un-SIG-like...

238-380-B MSRP $ 515.00
    Black Nitron finish, Contrast Sights

238-380-BSS MSRP $ 558.00
    Black Nitron finish, SIGLITE Sights

238-380-T MSRP $ 529.00
    Two Tone, Contrast Sights

238-380-TSS MSRP $ 572.00
    Two Tone, SIGLITE Sights

1200773 – Extra 6 round magazines MSRP $ 44.00

Taurus is bringing out an itty-bitty .380 now, too; the PT-738, aka the "TCP":
    00-01-15-09-0284.jpg

00-01-15-09-0285.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom