• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I've worked at places that cleaned the fridge out on Friday afternoons and threw out anything that was still in the fridge at that point.

Every place I worked claimed they would do that, but never did... except that one day.

So... What's it like working at Cyberdyne Systems?

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Out of curiosity... Has anyone ever worked anywhere where they actually enforced that policy?
    Yes, I have had to pitch stuff in the fridges routinely-not worth a tag when state board came in to check. Fridges and temps are EASY tags and fines to avoid as well as to receive.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Yes, I have had to pitch stuff in the fridges routinely-not worth a tag when state board came in to check. Fridges and temps are EASY tags and fines to avoid as well as to receive.

I have a feeling you're speaking some industry lingo that I can't read. No state board ever came to inspect break room fridges at my jobs. Kinda wish they would. :laugh:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have a feeling you're speaking some industry lingo that I can't read. No state board ever came to inspect break room fridges at my jobs. Kinda wish they would. :laugh:
    Reading comprehension. I am a nurse. Nursing facilities are inspected by the Indiana State Department of Health. Hospitals are visited by the joint commision (JCAHO). Just because you aren't familiar with something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Reading comprehension. I am a nurse. Nursing facilities are inspected by the Indiana State Department of Health. Hospitals are visited by the joint commision (JCAHO). Just because you aren't familiar with something, doesn't mean it isn't real.

I didn't say anything to you worthy of that tone and never accused any of it of being false. I said what I meant. You're speaking industry specific terms (which you didn't at all explain). :rolleyes:

You assuming that everyone already knows everything you do doesn't make them the foolish one. Anyhow...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I didn't say anything to you worthy of that tone and never accused any of it of being false. I said what I meant. You're speaking industry specific terms (which you didn't at all explain). :rolleyes:

You assuming that everyone already knows everything you do doesn't make them the foolish one. Anyhow...
    You often jump in and contribute opinions in groups while missing the first half of a conversation?

I literally explained this upthread, so my statement tracks.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You often jump in and contribute opinions in groups while missing the first half of a conversation?

I literally explained this upthread, so my statement tracks.

No... You said this, as your first post in the thread:

Why are we talking about tags? What in the world would a state board have to do with anything? Fines?

We're talking about office break rooms and you stroll in assuming we're talking about controlled hospital conditions?

I admitted I was ignorant of whatever it was you were talking about, then you attacked me...

Whatever. There are more than a few crazies around here. I'm learning to avoid most of you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Out of curiosity... Has anyone ever worked anywhere where they actually enforced that policy?

I've only seen it done once and boy were the primary offenders, well... offended. I've done it once or twice when I was pretty sure the owner didn't work there anymore or the stuff was literally stinking the joint up.

The one time I saw it, it was mostly middle aged or beyond women and boy were they pissed about their tupperware/rubbermaid. The younger woman who ended up being the one to finally have enough of it earned their wrath for weeks afterward.

One in particular never let it go. Actual footage of every time the two would meet:

View attachment 156191
    This, "Tupperware" that she lost...was it, um...er, ah...ok never mind.

...It's just, I've heard they sell a lot of different things at Tupperware parties...

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    No... You said this, as your first post in the thread:

Why are we talking about tags? What in the world would a state board have to do with anything? Fines?

We're talking about office break rooms and you stroll in assuming we're talking about controlled hospital conditions?

I admitted I was ignorant of whatever it was you were talking about, then you attacked me...

Whatever. There are more than a few crazies around here. I'm learning to avoid most of you.
    They check every fridge. Break room. Med room. Patient rooms. Everything has to be dated and labeled.

I don't care if you ignore me or not, doesn't seem like you read entire threads and pick and choose what you want to read anyway.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I've only seen it done once and boy were the primary offenders, well... offended. I've done it once or twice when I was pretty sure the owner didn't work there anymore or the stuff was literally stinking the joint up.
    I've worked at a place or two, both were every Sat anything left was gone. One of the places didn't have fridges so people brought in coolers. Yep, coolers got pitched as well. If it was on the shelves or tables in the break room it was gone.

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers

I half thought you were talking about game tags at a butcher shop. Nothing here indicates a medical environment, so I’m not sure why so irritated when someone pointed out they didn’t understand what your lingo was referring to.

On-topic - We had the Friday fridge clean out. Stuff would be on the counter for a while (after 3pm or so) to be claimed that day but would be gone at the end of the day.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    They check every fridge. Break room. Med room. Patient rooms. Everything has to be dated and labeled.

I don't care if you ignore me or not, doesn't seem like you read entire threads and pick and choose what you want to read anyway.
    Frumpy Frump Frump.
    Go find some Midol, vaggie.
    Your post was not that clear.
    Yes, I read the whole thread.
    No, I don't care if you're feeling bloated.

Top Bottom