• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    Well, the time has come to when my wife and I can upgrade our phones.
    We've narrowed the choices down to two:
    Galaxy S3 or Galaxy Note 2

Any mobile aficionados have any advice? I heard a rumor that Samsung may release newer versions of those phones in the next month or two. Should we just wait? We have Sprint as a carrier if that helps.

TIA
    icon6.gif

stesco

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Greensburg
    I have the Note 2 and like it a lot. The only problem is the size. It fits in shirt pocket at work but on the weekends not sure where I should put it. I am not a phone on the belt guy. I support many people the have the Galaxy 3 at work and it is also a good phone and easier to stuff in pant pockets.

Maybe someone will make an IWB holster for my Note. Gun on the right and Note on the left. :D

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i just got the s3 (came from blackberry 9700). Wow, loving the s3. it is big, but it fits in my front pocket easily. I think the note 2 would be sweet, but you would be printing big time if in your pocket. and if on your hip, it would look like you were wearing a tablet.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    IWB holster, printing... you can tell this is a gun forum! :D

:thumbsup: Thanks for the input.
    The Note has slightly better specs, but the size concerns me. I guess I'll visit a store and see if it fits in my pocket. Not sure about using a stylus though.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    IWB holster, printing... you can tell this is a gun forum! :D

:thumbsup: Thanks for the input.
    The Note has slightly better specs, but the size concerns me. I guess I'll visit a store and see if it fits in my pocket. Not sure about using a stylus though.

I've been using the s3 for a month or so and I m pretty happy with it. First time for a data plan. Left the laptop at home this week.:rockwoot:

Ricnzak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Noblesville
    I'm on my 2nd week with a S 3. I was a 15 year Blackberry guy. It is so cool. I love the voice complete for text and the picture ID feature for your password. The 3 is kind of hard for me to get used to in size. I could not even begin to carry the Note. The only drawbacks I see are the battery life and the key buttons are kind of small for me. Amazon has the best price for cases. I ordered a Otter box from them for under half the price of anywhere else.

Hoosier Daddy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 20, 2012
    UPDATE:
    After viewing both phones in the store, I decided to go with the Note 2.
    In fact, my wife who had already decided on the S3 ended up getting one too.
    It's part phone, part tablet... it's a phablet!

I know it will probably be outdated next month, but I really like it. No regrets.
    I can actually browse INGO much easier and that's really what it's all about! :D

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    I think both are great phones. The S4 is probably going to be extremely hard to get. The Note 2 is more like a small tablet and phone combo.

Top Bottom