• ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    New personal best of 6.06 seconds.

20160520_115312_zpsmxa1hx20.jpg

The times on the left were shot cold and stupid. I don't know WTF I was thinking, but I loaded 3 cartridges in the 1st magazine all 3 times. I was thinking one in the pipe + 2 in the magazine instead of one in the pipe + 1 in the magazine, so of course the slide wasn't locking back and I was ejecting an unfired cartridge during the reload. Yes, it took me 3 freaking runs before I realized what I was doing. This is what happens when you skip morning coffee before going to the range...

Once I loaded a magazine of 2, I shot my personal best of 6.06. I shot it 3 more times, had one lousy run, and two more decent ones. The lousy run was me thinking "let's do something different with our elbows and see if we can get better split times". Yeah, don't do that.

This was from a Bladetech Eclipse IWB holster with my Sig P226 and my Red Nichols magazine carrier both concealed with a polo. My polo reloads suck butt. The difference between the 6.06 run, 6.55 run, and 6.24 run were clean reload vs some cloth in the hand reload. I think with my sports coat I would have been under 6.00 today. End results:

20160520_120059_zpshu0kwith.jpg

For those unfamiliar with the FAST:

pistol-training.com » F.A.S.T. (Fundamentals, Accuracy, & Speed Test)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    :yesway:

You are about 2 seconds faster than me. I run that drill at least twice every range visit. Damned frustrating sometimes.

60Driver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Well Done BBI! I have only gotten sub 7 seconds a handful of times from concealment and not even close to the almost 6 flat you achieved! The majority of those sub 7 runs for me were with a tuned 1911 not my MK 25. For me the Sig though a bit quicker on the reload (larger magwell), is still slower by a fair amount on the first shot press out.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    :yesway:

You are about 2 seconds faster than me. I run that drill at least twice every range visit. Damned frustrating sometimes.

If I get frustrated I just stop and move to something else. I get my best times when I'm not trying, if that makes sense. Probably why I jacked up my run right after my personal best, I was thinking about what I was doing too much. You've got to stay relaxed or you slow yourself down, or at least I do.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well Done BBI! I have only gotten sub 7 seconds a handful of times from concealment and not even close to the almost 6 flat you achieved! The majority of those sub 7 runs for me were with a tuned 1911 not my MK 25. For me the Sig though a bit quicker on the reload (larger magwell), is still slower by a fair amount on the first shot press out.

Thanks. I think most of my low hanging fruit is in the reload. I'm breaking my first shot around 1.80-ish once I'm warmed up a bit. The reloads kill me, especially from under the polo. I have the same presentation speed from under a suit jacket but a better reload.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^

It took me forever to figure that out......

Nice shooting brother....What was your average time before???

Not sure what my average is. My previous best was 6.18. My last outing's best was 6.27 for a clean run. I pushed down to 5.98 but missed a circle shot by 1/4" high, so that doesn't count. :D My goal for New Year's was a sub 6 second clean run consistently before the year's end. I'm pretty consistent in high 6's from under a sports coat right now cold, mid to low 6s warm. Today was my first polo shirt attempt.

Top Bottom