New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It should be an actual crime, when you basically ignore a Supreme Court ruling.
    Honestly, I think we should hold the politicians that do this stuff accountable and charge them with denying constitutional/civil rights just as police and others have been charged for doing.

It's no different except the politicians get to deny civil rights to thousands of citizens at a time. Maybe one count for every citizen they deny a right to would be appropriate. We shouldn't have to wait for an SC ruling to get our freedom back from arbitrary policies by this wanna be dictators.

The politicians know (or should know) when they pass this stuff or worse don't by exec order that it's unconstitutional and should be hammered for doing so, through both criminal and civil means.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    This passed the house yesterday 36-32 I believe, AND WILL BE signed by the tyny tyrunt. 7 day waiting period, exceptions for FFL’s, LEO to LEO sales, and NM conceal license holders.

Won’t do a thing to reduce any kind of crime. Criminals don’t buy guns from FFL’s and if you already own one gun you wouldn’t need to buy another one and wait 7 days. Tried to pass an amendment for anyone with a restraining order but that was just too far of a stretch I guess.

The last half dozen shootings in the state were either by minors or felons so I’m not sure how this helps one bit.

In other unrelated news, New Mexico leads the nation in pedestrian fatalities. (Per capita, I suspect.) so there’s always that way if you want to kill yourself. I had a women run out in front of my truck two years ago trying to commit suicide. I hit her, but did not kill her. Broke her teeth, shoulder, hip, and leg on one side. Meth addict.

Pathetic!

Last edited:

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    This passed the house yesterday 36-32 I believe, AND WILL BE signed by the tyny tyrunt. 7 day waiting period, exceptions for FFL’s, LEO to LEO sales, and NM conceal license holders.

Won’t do a thing to reduce any kind of crime. Criminals don’t buy guns from FFL’s and if you already own one gun you wouldn’t need to buy another one and wait 7 days. Tried to pass an amendment for anyone with a restraining order but that was just too far of a stretch I guess.

Pathetic!

Seems to me if someone is trying to buy a firearm for needed protection, then the state should be forced to provide 24/7 protection for the individual during said waiting period

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Seems to me if someone is trying to buy a firearm for needed protection, then the state should be forced to provide 24/7 protection for the individual during said waiting period

Don't we wish that's how it worked? No, these pieces of :poop: could care less about the safety of the people they're supposed to represent. They know that criminals can get a gun any time they need one, but want to put obstacles in front of a law abiding citizen because they are evil and don't care about us.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Or at least a safe house for a week!

Four other bills stuck in committee and apparently not enough time to get thru the system before noon Thursday, the end of the session. One is a virtual copy of the GOSAFE Act. Sure to be declared unconstitutional. Maybe not a waiting period since there are half a dozen other states with them as well. I don’t have my state permission slip, and no plans to get one. I open carry, which at the moment any way is legal and permit free. I can wait 7 days for anything I would want to purchase, but that’s not really the point here. They’ve had bills to ban open carry this past summer, I’m sure it will be back next session.

Guess there’s always next time.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Honestly, I think we should hold the politicians that do this stuff accountable and charge them with denying constitutional/civil rights just as police and others have been charged for doing.

It's no different except the politicians get to deny civil rights to thousands of citizens at a time. Maybe one count for every citizen they deny a right to would be appropriate. We shouldn't have to wait for an SC ruling to get our freedom back from arbitrary policies by this wanna be dictators.

The politicians know (or should know) when they pass this stuff or worse don't by exec order that it's unconstitutional and should be hammered for doing so, through both criminal and civil means.
    Yes, we should. Which requires other parts of government to do their jobs.

Post in thread 'New Mexico governor issues order to suspend open and concealed carry of guns in Albuquerque' https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ry-of-guns-in-albuquerque.540267/post-9672322

When the various parts of government are all subversive and in collusion, those checks do not function.

"That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, - That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness..."

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    New Mexico gets a 7 day waiting period/cooling off period from the last 30 day session. “Negotiated” down from 14 days with exemption for FFLs, Leo to Leo sales, and NM conceal carry license holders.

I have not heard that thectyny tyrunt signed it yet, but no doubt she will. Surprised it wasn’t first on the list.

I don’t and won’t sign up for the permission slip. Nothing I want to buy I can’t wait for tho it’s all BS anyway. Not going to make anyone safer one little bit. So, when this doesn’t help we’ll just have to pass something else next session.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    In other news, who needs a gun when your teacher hands you a sword in class and says have at it!! Apparently, I missed a slice of excitement not taking Chemistry in High School.

News of this just now coming out almost two years after the precision incision only due to a law suit. Teacher was fired in July 2022 which is pretty shocking for Albuquerque Public Schools, surprised she didn’t win Teacher of the year.

Top Bottom