• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    The place is maybe two blocks west of the post office (don't carry there!) on the North side of the Street. If it opens in May I will be surprised. Looking forward to another new place to shoot and this ones close for me.
    Meijers will be going in at the old Lockhart Cadillac location just across Keystone. The apartment complex on the corner has changed ownership and may stay now.
    Looking forward to the opening and to BGF reopening!

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    I believe July 4th-ish was the target date right now. Pretty fantastic range setup really. Pistol and rifle ranges are truly separate enclosures. Make for a nicer shooting experience for pistoleers, ie no more AR 'pistols' next to you making with the battleship-broadside noises.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes you just don't want to hear it.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    They only allow drawing from OWB holster if you have taken their safety class.

When he briefed us he didn't mention a safety class...that must be something new. Sunday I'll be there for a TWAW RSO meeting so hopefully he'll address that. I'd like to be able to practice that at an indoor range since my usual range is a bit chilly in the winter.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    When he briefed us he didn't mention a safety class...that must be something new. Sunday I'll be there for a TWAW RSO meeting so hopefully he'll address that. I'd like to be able to practice that at an indoor range since my usual range is a bit chilly in the winter.

I asked on facebook private message and that was the response I got.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I asked on facebook private message and that was the response I got.

Had an RSO briefing before my TWAW group meeting. Per the range rules he gave us, " drawing from the holster and shooting is only allowed during training classes." So he must have changed his mind.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    I believe July 4th-ish was the target date right now. Pretty fantastic range setup really. Pistol and rifle ranges are truly separate enclosures. Make for a nicer shooting experience for pistoleers, ie no more AR 'pistols' next to you making with the battleship-broadside noises.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but sometimes you just don't want to hear it.

What about 45lc next to you? That's a cannon.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Had an RSO briefing before my TWAW group meeting. Per the range rules he gave us, " drawing from the holster and shooting is only allowed during training classes." So he must have changed his mind.

Well, only if you're in that class or have taken that class with them. Oh well, can't reasoned with all of them.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    What about 45lc next to you? That's a cannon.

Fair enough, but mongo-loud handguns are fewer in number than rifles. Not to mention the pressure-wave from rifles, and I say this as a lover of rifles. :)

Of course there are outliers for both. My wife just shot a .22mag yesterday and was surprised buy the sound of it, where as she found shooting a .45 single-action quite pleasurable.

Also nice that they can hold training without having to close down the whole range.

Top Bottom