• ...and so much more!
  • 2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Hello, fellas. =D

This is my first post here, and having recently moved to Indiana from 'points west' I'm very glad to have stumbled into IndianaGunOwners.com. Yep, another thing to like about Indiana. And Happy Independence Day!

I want to make an online firearm purchase and thought I'd use the outfit in Decatur that fingerprinted me for my CCW, but they don't answer their phones and have not returned my call after several days. Life's complicated enough without that, so:

Can you recommend a reliable FFL that charges a low transfer fee?

The source in Decatur charges $15.00, but falls well short of reliable.

I don't mind driving 20ish miles outside of Fort Wayne. In fact, I might prefer it.

Thanks,
    Tom

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Hello, fellas. =D

This is my first post here, and having recently moved to Indiana from 'points west' I'm very glad to have stumbled into IndianaGunOwners.com. Yep, another thing to like about Indiana. And Happy Independence Day!

I want to make an online firearm purchase and thought I'd use the outfit in Decatur that fingerprinted me for my CCW, but they don't answer their phones and have not returned my call after several days. Life's complicated enough without that, so:

Can you recommend a reliable FFL that charges a low transfer fee?

The source in Decatur charges $15.00, but falls well short of reliable.

I don't mind driving 20ish miles outside of Fort Wayne. In fact, I might prefer it.

Thanks,
    Tom

Bluffton Gun and Pawn.

Excellent people.

Luke (usually at the Huntington store) is outstanding!!

You will pay more than $15 most anyplace.

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    Bluffton Gun and Pawn.

Excellent people.

Luke (usually at the Huntington store) is outstanding!!

You will pay more than $15 most anyplace.
    These guys, been using them for years, fee is $20.00.
    Don't know what your looking for, but they usually have a good selection of guns.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Thank you, mcapo, Hardscrable and Tomc1947.

These are dealers YOU know and trust, and that's helpful/valuable for the rest of us. Whoever you recommend, I'll go down that list and contact them on Monday (or Tuesday if they're taking a long weekend). One of them will click for me better than the others, and then...my "addiction" will again have me in its clutches (haven't bought anything that goes 'bang' since I got here). =]

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    I have done a few transfers through Bluffton Gun and Pawn without any issue. They sent their FFL info the first time requested and were responsive.

As far as anything other than transfers, I will avoid them. Prices are high on guns/accessories and their tools are junk with a higher than retail price. I stopped in a few weeks ago and laughed when I saw a 325
    Rd box of. 22lr Federal Auto Match they got from Walmart for $19.95, on their shelf for the low price of $99.99.

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    I have done a few transfers through Bluffton Gun and Pawn without any issue...as far as anything other than transfers, I will avoid them.
    Uh, oh... :D BG&P was the top choice, but long ago I learned the hard way that overall character matters. Thanks, FWP9MM, for candid additional insight.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    ZX Guns
    821 W Coliseum
    260-471-4867
    If it's not too late...I'll second this one.

There used to be others in town I would recommend, but the last year has really showed the character of several of the local businesses. I know times have been tough, but wow, between the stressed supply lines and the idiotic young guys stores have hired recently, it has virtually driven me entirely out of the market.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    ZX Guns
    821 W Coliseum
    260-471-4867
    Soooo many people have shied away from these guys over the past year, including myself! The attitudes there have gone downhill!
    Transfers can only be done M-F from 10am - 2pm and NONE on Saturday's, unless you buy another firearm to have the background check done! I was stymied for 2 weeks by them, with a transfer, because of this 'rule'...even when there was no one else in the shop! Never again...

Many of the people I know have transferred their transfer business to Wrigley's Firearms & Ammo on North Lima Road....
    Mike, the owner, is great...the employee's are knowledgeable and great to work with...they always seem to have a better stock of firearms and other supplies, including ammo, than many of the other stores locally, etc.
    Wrigley's Firearms & Ammo
    7712 North Lima Road
    Fort Wayne, IN 46818
    Main: 260-451-0933

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    If it's not too late...I'll second this one.

... the last year has really showed the character of several of the local businesses...
    It's never too late! :D

The item I intended to buy is now SOLD OUT. I couldn't make the purchase until I lined up an FFL, so I missed out. The upside is, now I can take my time and find the right FFL.

Thanks, Karl. I shortened your remarks in my quoted excerpt, but I read and understood every syllable. I managed to avoid all that by not buying anything firearms-related while the so-called "pandemic" crushed most aspects of American culture, business and liberty.

I appreciate your perspective and will keep it in mind.
    Tom

Last edited:

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Soooo many people have shied away from these guys [ZX Guns] over the past year, including myself! The attitudes there have gone downhill! ...Never again...

Many of the people I know have transferred their transfer business to Wrigley's Firearms & Ammo on North Lima Road....
    Mike, the owner, is great...the employee's are knowledgeable and great to work with...
    Thanks a lot, Amishman44, for detailed advice, recommendation and contact information. I just called there and had a brief conversation with whoever answered the phone:

Transfer fee is $25 cash. They keep normal business hours. 'Sounds like they're busy and knowledgeable.

Thanks for the physical address. I'll stop by there next time I go to Sam's Club.

Last edited:

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Soooo many people have shied away from these guys over the past year, including myself! The attitudes there have gone downhill!
    Transfers can only be done M-F from 10am - 2pm and NONE on Saturday's, unless you buy another firearm to have the background check done! I was stymied for 2 weeks by them, with a transfer, because of this 'rule'...even when there was no one else in the shop! Never again...

Mike, the owner, is great...the employee's are knowledgeable and great to work with...they always seem to have a better stock of firearms and other supplies, including ammo, than many of the other stores locally, etc.
    7712 North Lima Road
    Fort Wayne, IN 46818
    Agree with Amishman44. Wrigley's is a good gun store. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. Really good selection of firearms during this 'scandemic'.

ZXGuns kind or arrogant. They will NOT answer their phone 90% of the time. The one in Goshen is really good, but it does not cross over to the Fort Wayne store.

I have been into Freedom Firearms on Coliseum Blvd a few times in the last year. Their staff is alot friendlier and knowledgeable than in years past. Their selection is not the greatest, BUT they do get some unique used pieces in there for sale.

King and Country Guns in North Manchester, IN is a nice surprise. (260) 982-1898. Jon, the manager, is truly fun to talk to and does do deals from time to time. The store and him were the highlight of my daughter's swim practices....it's been a couple years since I've been there, BUT it was always worth stopping in when I was in North Manchester.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Ranger Supply Co. on Getz Road in Fort Wayne is a good stop. Russ and Ben are pretty friendly. Prices can be a little high, but they do consignments and do handle used firearms. (260) 432-5007

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Rural King, in the afternoons and evenings can be fun also. (I work 2nds). Zack is always fun to talk to and is also quite the gardener. Him and I will be talking peppers and tomatoes, and other customers will have that deer in the headlight look.......damn city slickers.....want their 9mm ammo.....know nothing about a spinach casserole!!!

2AOK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 26, 2021
    Northeastern Indiana
    Wrigley's is a good gun store. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable.

ZXGuns kind or arrogant. They will NOT answer their phone 90% of the time. SCRATCH THIS ONE

Freedom Firearms on Coliseum Blvd. Their staff is alot friendlier and knowledgeable than in years past. Hmmm.

King and Country Guns in North Manchester, IN is a nice surprise. (260) 982-1898. Jon, the manager, is truly fun to talk to and does do deals from time to time.

Ranger Supply Co. on Getz Road in Fort Wayne is a good stop. Russ and Ben are pretty friendly.

Thanks, Lee. This thread is turning into a helpful 'resource' for anybody who isn't sure where to go for reliable, knowledgeable, helpful firearms sales.

Great! :D

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Tomlinson Shooting Supplies (260) 693-2830
    8475 E. US Highway 33
    Churubusco IN 46723

Sorry I don't have all gun store addresses.....just trying to spell Churubusco got me to put their address in my phone....lol.

Really nice gun store, has ammo and firearms. Can be pricey, also can have good deals. Recently, been taken over, new owner loves firearms.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE

7712 North Lima Road
    Fort Wayne, IN 46818
    Ha! It must really all be about perspective. I have been a champion of Wrigley's since they opened several years ago. They are in close proximity to my place of employment.

In the last year or so they have turned me away. I rarely see Mike any more. He performed a transfer for me (more expensive than ZX), but it was accompanied with some snide remarks about not purchasing from him.

I did not appreciate the immediate price jumps that occurred at the start of the pandemic panic.

The new staff does not seem very knowledgeable to me. I was not impressed on my last visit when the clowns working there (Not Sam, Matt, or some of those from years passed) were more interested in a load of junky relics they were messing around with in the back office than the customers in the store. The employee watching the counter actually drew his piece from his IWB carry, cycled the slide a couple of times and then re-holstered. I have no idea what that was all about.

Prior to the pandemic Mike was becoming less willing to deal. I have bought many firearms from there and have felt the change in atmosphere to be a real shame.

There are still positives about Wrigley's, but we are just doing cautionary warnings, right?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Earth Adventures
    1804 W Main St, Fort Wayne, IN

Stop by O'Sullivans for lunch afterwards.
    FYI...

Earth Adventures is not a gun shop so don't plan on window shopping for shiny stuff that goes bang. My guess is if you wanted to do a transfer you probably need to call and discuss in advance.

Earth Adventures is a good outdoor shop with quality items in stock and can order about anything you might buy at an online retailer at similar prices to REI, Campmor. Hiking, camping, kayak/canoe, clothing...

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center
    1) This would be my 1st suggestion.

"I have been into Freedom Firearms on Coliseum Blvd a few times in the last year. Their staff is alot friendlier and knowledgeable than in years past. Their selection is not the greatest, BUT they do get some unique used pieces in there for sale."

Second THIS! Im not sure anyone has a great inventory now but service here is A1.

2) I did not know Earth Adventures did FFL but I have been there for other outdoors equipment and always walk out satisfied. + as KittySlayer said, it is right next to O'Sullivans - Do stop in there if near

KittySlayer said:
    Earth Adventures
    1804 W Main St, Fort Wayne, IN
    http://earthadventures.com/
    Stop by O'Sullivans for lunch afterwards.
    FYI...

Earth Adventures is not a gun shop so don't plan on window shopping for shiny stuff that goes bang. My guess is if you wanted to do a transfer you probably need to call and discuss in advance.

Earth Adventures is a good outdoor shop with quality items in stock and can order about anything you might buy at an online retailer at similar prices to REI, Campmor. Hiking, camping, kayak/canoe, clothing...

Top Bottom