• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just bought a Kel Tec PF9. Love the size and concealability in 9mm. Anyone else have one of these? I had a P3AT in .380, but decided I didn't feel comfortable enough with that light a round. I had some reliability problems until I did a "fluff and buff" on it. I plan to do that to the PF9 this weekend.

Anyone else have a PF9? What are your thoughts and advice? Good holsters?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have one.

Mine has been 100% with over 1000rds down the pipe. However, I did the "fluff and buff" to it before it ever seen the range.

Finding a "good" holster for this gun will be problematic, when I carry the PF9 I usually just stick it in a pocket.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Like the size just not the trigger pull, bigcraig try a mini slide that fits between your pants and belt, that's actually what I use for most of my guns, One size fits all.

2cpf9dh.jpg

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just got through a fluff and buff, and put about 50 rounds through it. No malfunctions, accuracy okay so far - I haven't figured out the trigger.

I will say this, my CZ caresses my hand with the recoil, but this little PF9 bites!

Like a snake, it bites friends and foes alike.

avond47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Seymour,IN
    I just picked up a Fobus paddle holster for mine today at the 1500 for $28. So far it works great. I also bought a clip that mounts to the side that replaces the pins last weekend and it works good for when I put it IWB on my back.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have less than 200 rounds through mine. A few (maybe 20) being +P. It is not comfortable to shoot. But it is very easy to carry. I just wanted to make sure there were no reliability problems before carrying it. I shot a good variety of different types of bullets through it with no problems. Its just as it was right out of the box I haven't done any work on it except for cleaning it. For me its reliable and I use it as a secondary carry weapon. One of the best value for the dollar buy's out there as far as I'm concerned.

I will tell you this however. Everyone I have let shoot it has told me they didn't enjoy the experience.

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    My opinion is it is a accurate shooting gun for its size.. It is very reliable for ccw.. It just wouldnt be my first pick to go to the range and shoot for recreation. As far as ccw its a hard gun to beat as far as weight, reliable and accurate.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Like the size just not the trigger pull, bigcraig try a mini slide that fits between your pants and belt, that's actually what I use for most of my guns, One size fits all.

2cpf9dh.jpg

Thanks for the recommendation, that is an excellent idea.

I did pick up a IWB Kydex rig for my PF9 at the funshow today, if it doesn't pan out, I will try your suggestion.

Top Bottom