• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Cedar Lake IN
    I was there Wednesday....I was impressed with the amount of firearms they carry. Also spoke with a member of their staff named Joe. +1 to him for his knowledge and willingness to answer any question I had for him. I will be there for the grand opening bright and early.
    :rockwoot:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    It seems they are trying to way in on this whole craziness right now, but how long will that last? ammo is store short, lot of places seem to be getting a decent stock of guns now, hope they didnt blow their load to late!

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I wish them the best of luck. I've been in there several times as the wife was poking around the mall.

Lots of guns. All overpriced...even the used ones. The staff that tried to answer some of my questions seemed to be guessing as opposed to being knowledgeable about their products.

I hope that with time and competition with Bass Pro and Cabela's...they will be competitive in their pricing and a little more knowledgeable in their products.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    It seems they are trying to way in on this whole craziness right now, but how long will that last? ammo is store short, lot of places seem to be getting a decent stock of guns now, hope they didnt blow their load to late!

If you think they planned these stores because of the Sandy Hook gun demand, you are wrong. They've been converting their old stores to Gun Worlds for quite some time now.

Lonewolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I wish them the best of luck. I've been in there several times as the wife was poking around the mall.

Lots of guns. All overpriced...even the used ones. The staff that tried to answer some of my questions seemed to be guessing as opposed to being knowledgeable about their products.

I hope that with time and competition with Bass Pro and Cabela's...they will be competitive in their pricing and a little more knowledgeable in their products.

Before they did the remodel, they were selling Glock 27s for $699. I wanted to bring my Glocks in to see if they would take them for $599 :): . After they remodeled, prices seem to be about what Cabelas and Bass Pro sells their stuff for. Was this a temporary thing? I have no clue, but I was amazed to see Sagia shotguns in there, and they have a good stock of everything.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Main jet... And if there ammo prices are anythinglike their Castleton store it will be way high.

Could it be they have all that ammo because the prices are crazy high and people are finally not buying it?

No, it could be because they received a very large shipment of ammo. I don't buy ammo from them so I do not check their prices so I cannot attest to their prices one way or another. I reload my own. However, with supply levels being what they are I am sure that they will do fine with their sales. These are not yet the days of finding ammo available and at bargain prices. These are still the days of low inventory and high prices.

Please feel free not to buy any of it though. I do not sell ammo for Gander Mountain. My son sells firearms for their store but I am only reporting what I have seen.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

One redeeming quality, they do price match. I purchased a firearm there recently as I had won a good sized gift certificate there, but I had to price match otherwise they wanted $100 too much for the gun. You don't need an ad, they will call but the other store of course has to have the item in stock. I normally prefer to purchase with the store that has the better price but in this case it was useful for me.

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    I've always liked Gander and shop there, other then ammo. They've always had high ammo prices, but I suspect they get first time gun owners buying it there along with their guns.

Top Bottom