• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Too much dead space and gapping. Hate the font and size. Feels like it is set for "accessibility mode" for my wife that can't see here finger at the end of her hand... meh... like anything we'll get used to it. I want to find... a condensed view mode.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Too much dead space and gapping. Hate the font and size. Feels like it is set for "accessibility mode" for my wife that can't see here finger at the end of her hand... meh... like anything we'll get used to it. I want to find... a condensed view mode.
    By "accessibility mode". are you saying the font size is too big?

Or too small?

Or way too big?

I know some of it is controlled by the font thingy up at the top of the reply window.

I work with a guy that is legally blind, and his accessibility mode means he can only see maybe 10 characters across his 17" monitor.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dunno if this has been posted or not yet, but I just discovered something.

If you directly paste a url into the reply box, rather than using the link button, it posts some of the linked page, beyond just the link.

WooHoo!

Ding, ding, ding...

Simply copying a YouTube URL and pasting it directly into the "Post reply" box embeds the video. No more hunting for that special media/video insert with all the clicks and drop downs...

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm really beginning to miss spell checking and the seaerch function. Anyone had any luck with those things?
    On my phone spell check is handled by my keyboard and on desktop by my browser (usually Firefox). You don't have spell check on your devices?

Search is working fine for me. Are you talking about searching within a thread?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    On my phone spell check is handled by my keyboard and on desktop by my browser (usually Firefox). You don't have spell check on your devices?

Search is working fine for me. Are you talking about searching within a thread?
    I'm using Chrome.. Searching with keywords for known threads isn't working for me at all.

Yes, my samsung keyboard does spellcheck for me. Most of the time I'm on my desktop system using Chrome though. The same chrome that spell checked the old format?

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think the only remaining complaint I have is the way that old posts and new posts are still intermingled in the threads. Seems like if they had to sort them at all, then sorting on the date/time stamp would have been the way to go. Makes it really hard to follow along with the ongoing conversations in the longer threads.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think the only remaining complaint I have is the way that old posts and new posts are still intermingled in the threads. Seems like if they had to sort them at all, then sorting on the date/time stamp would have been the way to go. Makes it really hard to follow along with the ongoing conversations in the longer threads.
    Probably best to just close those threads and start new ones

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

Yeah, that effect will fade away into the sunset as time goes by.

It looks like the posts are keyed on when they were added to the table and I don't know if it is worth it to re-key the posts based on their original time-stamp.

Top Bottom