• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just another day at the office for the power mad. The latest EO from the WH, gives multiple departments the power to seize basically whatever they wish, during peacetime. The don't even require a war to do so. Looks like they could just waltz in and take your stores food (or your homes food) on a whim. These people have been granted far too much power, it's driven them mad and made this a more dangerous country.

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Ok, I'm not too smart, can you provide the sections where this is stated? I'm reading it as an order to establish how the government will interface with private sector businesses when needs arise. I believe it even mentioned contracts and loans, as in the government will use private sector services to accomplish emergency goals. I didn't see where it said they will just up and take whatever they want, whenever they want without permission.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Can we have some sort of limit on the number of these "sky is falling" posts? The liberal media manufactures enough "facts" as it is....let's not create our own.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Ok, I'm not too smart, can you provide the sections where this is stated? I'm reading it as an order to establish how the government will interface with private sector businesses when needs arise. I believe it even mentioned contracts and loans, as in the government will use private sector services to accomplish emergency goals. I didn't see where it said they will just up and take whatever they want, whenever they want without permission.

The authority of the President conferred by section 101 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2071, to require acceptance and priority performance of contracts or orders (other than contracts of employment) to promote the national defense over performance of any other contracts or orders, and to allocate materials, services, and facilities as deemed necessary or appropriate to promote the national defense, is delegated to the following agency heads:

(1) the Secretary of Agriculture with respect to food resources, food resource facilities, livestock resources, veterinary resources, plant health resources, and the domestic distribution of farm equipment and commercial fertilizer;

etc...

(b) The Secretary of each agency delegated authority under subsection (a) of this section (resource departments) shall plan for and issue regulations to prioritize and allocate resources and establish standards and procedures by which the authority shall be used to promote the national defense, under both emergency and non-emergency conditions. Each Secretary shall authorize the heads of other agencies, as appropriate, to place priority ratings on contracts and orders for materials, services, and facilities needed in support of programs approved under section 202 of this order.

I got this from reading the first few paragraphs.

WWIIIDefender

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    This one is my favorite.

Sec. 502. Consultants. The head of each agency otherwise delegated functions under this order is delegated the authority of the President under sections 710(b) and (c) of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2160(b), (c), to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations. The authority delegated by this section may not be redelegated.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myPENDAJdE0&feature=g-all-f&context=G231e9f1FAAAAAAAADAA[/ame]

Of course almost every president has one of these orders. Reagan's was 12656 and clintons was 12919 still there is some scary stuff in there.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    RockofStrength,

Thanks for highlighting those segments. I still don't see the part where they can take private property away from citizens without approval.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    RockofStrength,

Thanks for highlighting those segments. I still don't see the part where they can take private property away from citizens without approval.

Approval from whom? Certainly not the party doing the taking as that is implied.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    RockofStrength,

Sec.*801.**Definitions.* In addition to the definitions in section 702 of the Act, 50 U.S.C. App. 2152, the following definitions apply throughout this order:

(b)* “Energy” means all forms of energy including petroleum, gas (both natural and manufactured), electricity, solid fuels (including all forms of coal, coke, coal chemicals, coal liquification, and coal gasification), solar, wind, other types of renewable energy, atomic energy, and the production, conservation, use, control, and distribution (including pipelines) of all of these forms of energy.

(c)* “Farm equipment” means equipment, machinery, and repair parts manufactured for use on farms in connection with the production or preparation for market use of food resources.

(e)* “Food resources” means all commodities and products, (simple, mixed, or compound), or complements to such commodities or products, that are capable of being ingested by either human beings or animals, irrespective of other uses to which such commodities or products may be put, at all stages of processing from the raw commodity to the products thereof in vendible form for human or animal consumption.* “Food resources” also means potable water packaged in commercially marketable containers, all starches, sugars, vegetable and animal or marine fats and oils, seed, cotton, hemp, and flax fiber, but does not mean any such material after it loses its identity as an agricultural commodity or agricultural product.

(f)* “Food resource facilities” means plants, machinery, vehicles (including on farm), and other facilities required for the production, processing, distribution, and storage (including cold storage) of food resources, and for the domestic distribution of farm equipment and fertilizer (excluding transportation thereof).

(i)* “Health resources” means drugs, biological products, medical devices, materials, facilities, health supplies, services and equipment required to diagnose, mitigate or prevent the impairment of, improve, treat, cure, or restore the physical or mental health conditions of the population.

(j)* “National defense” means programs for military and energy production or construction, military or critical infrastructure assistance to any foreign nation, homeland security, stockpiling, space, and any directly related activity.* Such term includes emergency preparedness activities conducted pursuant to title VI of the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act, 42 U.S.C. 5195*et seq., and critical infrastructure protection and restoration.

(n)* “Water resources” means all usable water, from all sources, within the jurisdiction of the United States, that can be managed, controlled, and allocated to meet emergency requirements, except “water resources” does not include usable water that qualifies as “food resources.”

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Tyranny via executive order.

POS fearless leader... a bit more like POS Lincoln every day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    RockofStrength,

You're most welcome. It took me quite awhile to sort through the legal B. C. and find anything that I could actually translate into english :):

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    "New Executive Order Gives Depts Power To Seize Your Stuff In Peacetime." Show me where it says they can take my personal stuff. Or are we just implying that's what they mean? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't see it in there without making some assumptions.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    "New Executive Order Gives Depts Power To Seize Your Stuff In Peacetime." Show me where it says they can take my personal stuff. Or are we just implying that's what they mean? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just don't see it in there without making some assumptions.

Do you have farm equipment, food resources, food facilities, water resources or energy resources? Do you have any health resources?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Do you have farm equipment, food resources, food facilities, water resources or energy resources? Do you have any health resources?

Sure, but this part makes me believe this is intended to strengthen relationships between the government and the private commercial sector:

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;
    (c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;
    (d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and
    (e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.

Again, I don't see this meaning your personal stuff. I think it means making sure that there are commercial options available in times of need.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Sure, but this part makes me believe this is intended to strengthen relationships between the government and the private commercial sector:

(b) assess on an ongoing basis the capability of the domestic industrial and technological base to satisfy requirements in peacetime and times of national emergency, specifically evaluating the availability of the most critical resource and production sources, including subcontractors and suppliers, materials, skilled labor, and professional and technical personnel;
    (c) be prepared, in the event of a potential threat to the security of the United States, to take actions necessary to ensure the availability of adequate resources and production capability, including services and critical technology, for national defense requirements;
    (d) improve the efficiency and responsiveness of the domestic industrial base to support national defense requirements; and
    (e) foster cooperation between the defense and commercial sectors for research and development and for acquisition of materials, services, components, and equipment to enhance industrial base efficiency and responsiveness.

Again, I don't see this meaning your personal stuff. I think it means making sure that there are commercial options available in times of need.

LOL!

Strengthen away!

I wonder how much more expansion and intrusion the state will require to strengthen that relationship.... for our own safety of course.

Top Bottom