New Draco Pistol! Removal of muzzle nut?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hey; I just picked up my Draco AK-47-style pistol today. I'm looking at removing the welded-on muzzle-nut, (where the flash hider goes,) and I'm wondering if all it takes is a little work with a dremel; is it really that simple?

Also, is there any particular bit I should use with the dremel, or is just the standard cutting bit fine?

Thanks, (and pics to follow)

Jtgarner

Master
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I actually just used a hand file. Took about 30 mins, but I got it off and got a brat break on. Remember that the muzzle nut is reverse threaded!

duffman0286

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    yep a little dremel work and your good to go.... i hated the barrel nut so i replaced with a us made slant break on my wasr.... touch up with a little cold blue and youll never know the it was ever welded to start with

BlueEagle

Master
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Pics will happen when I get to them. Might be a bit. As for SBR'ing it, I have no plans on that, and I really don't know what muzzle brake I was going to put on it; I was thinking of just getting another slant brake to stick on it. I don't need an SBR AK; I have a full-sized AK for that. This one is purely for fun and possibly as a truck gun.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can recommend two brakes that from personal use give me great decrease in felt recoil. First is the brake from the AMD-65, the second is the AK-74 style brake. Although many people complain about the noise (again, personally louder is better) both do a great job in taming felt recoil.

Just my 2 cents. :D

Top Bottom