• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The P365 XL/X and Macro series called, they want you to stop buying Turkish Walther clones and buy nice pistols. :abused: there I said it, if it's Turkish it belongs in the trash.
    That sounds racist and elitist. LOL. I have to say, part of me feels the same way, but when I compared the new Canik Steel frame to the new S&W Competitor, IMHO it was no contest. For the same price the Canik was far superior. I don't know how they do it really.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    That sounds racist and elitist. LOL. I have to say, part of me feels the same way, but when I compared the new Canik Steel frame to the new S&W Competitor, IMHO it was no contest. For the same price the Canik was far superior. I don't know how they do it really.

Not like it's not well documented Turkish guns are not generally of very good quality. I will concede to being 100% gun elitist however.

BjqutMV.jpg

My reccomendation for a steel framed striker fired competition pistol if you want quality. Otherwise the CZ Shadow 2 rules currently.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Not like it's not well documented Turkish guns are not generally of very good quality. I will concede to being 100% gun elitist however.

BjqutMV.jpg

My reccomendation for a steel framed striker fired competition pistol if you want quality. Otherwise the CZ Shadow 2 rules currently.

Love my Walther Q5 SF. It has been my main match gun for 2 years now. Super accurate, easy to shoot well. It has also went back to Walther for a new slide and it's looking like it will have to go back again.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Love my Walther Q5 SF. It has been my main match gun for 2 years now. Super accurate, easy to shoot well. It has also went back to Walther for a new slide and it's looking like it will have to go back again.

Now I am interested was it the classic ejection port crack or what happened to the slide ?!? TBH they are sprung a bit snappy from the factory IMHO.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Now I am interested was it the classic ejection port crack or what happened to the slide ?!? TBH they are sprung a bit snappy from the factory IMHO.
    Slide got to where it wouldn't lock back even manually. There was a bunch of peening by the area where the slide stop engages the slide. They didn't tell me what else they found if anything. It is starting to do it again. Something I thought was weird, with the new slide it fit the holster differently. I would have thought tolerances would be closer than that between slides.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Slide got to where it wouldn't lock back even manually. There was a bunch of peening by the area where the slide stop engages the slide. They didn't tell me what else they found if anything. It is starting to do it again. Something I thought was weird, with the new slide it fit the holster differently. I would have thought tolerances would be closer than that between slides.

So out of paranoia I checked my Q4 for peening and none is evident , that makes me think the slide release is heat treated incorrectly, it should be softer / similar in hardness to the steel of the frame / slide in theory as a wear part. Now the slide being a different dimension is weird but could have been a slight manufacturing change?

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Can-neek.

Now comes the discussion on how to pronounce Canik.
    No discussion. He is saying it wrong. Watch footage of 2023 SHOT show and their sponsored shooters and employees say it the normal way.

That being said, maybe he speaks the Turkish language and the company never told any of their American employees the right way to pronounce the name of the company they work for.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't like you guys. You make me think about spending money I don't need to spend. I had just settled on my Sheild Plus for EDC. But now I am seriously considering picking up one of these. I've never been interested in Canik but for this gun at that price point. I don't know I may have to try it out. I'm afraid I'll ride the slide release though and that drives me crazy for some reason. But the Sheild is slightly slim for my taste I don't know. I'd have to try it before I bought it. Anyone know where there is one for rent?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don't like you guys. You make me think about spending money I don't need to spend. I had just settled on my Sheild Plus for EDC. But now I am seriously considering picking up one of these. I've never been interested in Canik but for this gun at that price point. I don't know I may have to try it out. I'm afraid I'll ride the slide release though and that drives me crazy for some reason. But the Sheild is slightly slim for my taste I don't know. I'd have to try it before I bought it. Anyone know where there is one for rent?
    I shot one from the rental case at Range USA in Greenwood. It's ok, but nothing I would give up my Shield Plus for. If I was into Caniks, I would definitely get one, because of the mag compatibility. Would be cool to have a pocketable 9mm that takes the same mags as compact and full size pistols. But I don't own any Caniks.

crookcountygo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2022
    Indiana
    I’m very interested in this new micro 9. I’m in the process of finding a new edc to replace my Shield 2.0. The list of candidates just keeps growing!

Shield Plus OR
    P365 X or XL
    Hellcat Pro
    Canik Mete MC 9

I watched about 2 hours of YouTube reviews on this new gun last night. I’m impressed.
    Add a Ruger Max 9 to this list and those are the options I’m currently struggling with for my next pistol.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I shot one from the rental case at Range USA in Greenwood. It's ok, but nothing I would give up my Shield Plus for. If I was into Caniks, I would definitely get one, because of the mag compatibility. Would be cool to have a pocketable 9mm that takes the same mags as compact and full size pistols. But I don't own any Caniks.
    Well it turns out that I may be replacing the Sheild soon anyway. I just broke it during field stripping. Looks like it will be going to Smith for repair and then be moved down the road. I'm not going to own something that apparently delicate

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Well it turns out that I may be replacing the Sheild soon anyway. I just broke it during field stripping. Looks like it will be going to Smith for repair and then be moved down the road. I'm not going to own something that apparently delicate
    I have owned a Shield of one flavor or another ever since S&W introduced them to the market way back when. I’m curious to know how you broke it. I have never broken any pistol by field stripping it.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have owned a Shield of one flavor or another ever since S&W introduced them to the market way back when. I’m curious to know how you broke it. I have never broken any pistol by field stripping it.
    I'm not exactly sure. I went to field strip/clean it because we are going to the range tomorrow and the slide would not come off the frame. I forgot to flip the little switch inside but I didn't force anything I simply slide the slide back to lock flipped the switch down and tried to remove the slide again. It still wouldn't come off. After messing with it for a while sliding it back to lock and then trying to get the slide forward finally it popped loose. But I immediately saw the problem. There is a small piece of metal right next to the take down lever that was all bent out of shape. It ran fine the last time I shot it and it seemed fine before I began disassembly. I'm not sure what happened. Now the slide will not go back on the frame. So now to contact Smith and get it fixed.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I always just lock the slide back, rotate the takedown lever, let the slide go forward and pull the trigger. I never mess with the sear deactivation lever inside the magwell.

Top Bottom