• bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Anything for a photo op just before an election year, right? :rolleyes:

It worked out for us! Brought the ATF pistol brace felony issue to light on the world stage.

Now we can keep rolling our eyes about it...

...or use it to our advantage???

Make it an election issue or just fuss some more TDS stuff?

There's a debate Wednesday. Ramaswamy has commented publicly on the pistol brace issue. How good would it be to have all of the republican candidates be on the record with their stance on it? How much more would Trump have to talk about it then?

:scratch:

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Don Jr. is the gun guy in the family…

Not the only one...

We don't know about the 17 year old Barron or the girls, but the brothers might have some influence?

They all need to have influence on their dad and we should be encouraging that.

Again, we now have oportunity to make this a national discussion. Do we or do we miss it?

:n00b:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We are working on regaining the high ground in this fight.

As I've said before I've never owned anything with a brace, but firearms I do own will be what they come for next.

After that? I own the guns they will come for next.

After that? I don't own any of those guns.

After that? I own those. At this point it'll be revolvers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    With Trump moving left on abortion so that “both sides will be happy”, I’m sure moving right on guns is the next piece of the 4D chess strategy.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    With Trump moving left on abortion so that “both sides will be happy”, I’m sure moving right on guns is the next piece of the 4D chess strategy.
    Until there is another shooting, then it will be get the guns, especially whatever was used in that shooting. Bumpstocks, braces, red flag laws, suppressors, and so on.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Until there is another shooting, then it will be get the guns, especially whatever was used in that shooting. Bumpstocks, braces, red flag laws, suppressors, and so on.
    The impression I am getting is that it's OK for him to say that because he is playing 4d chess and placating people just enough so that he doesn't lose votes.

I am also told he is not a politician.

Those two things don't add up for me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This is why the dems are winning on gun control, and will continue to do so. We buy into their dividing of us and actually help them.

:(
    Except for the rare do-do bird like Manchin, nearly 100% of democrats are supporting any gun control law they can get passed. The "right" is all over the place. We have to fight against the Fudd-blue stripers and (too often) the NRA types selling us down the river with the "we have to compromise to keep from losing even more" positions. The democrats seem to rarely, if ever, run into that. If we had a zero tolerance for any new gun bill like the pro-abortion crowd did, we'd stand a lot better chance.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    This is why the dems are winning on gun control, and will continue to do so. We buy into their dividing of us and actually help them.

:(

I can’t help it if a large portion of the population has bought in to Trump’s cult of personality. How so many can worship at his feet while he literally sold us down the river on numerous 2A measures is beyond me, but here we are, people trying to get him back in for a second shot at screwing more stuff up. Sure, he did some good, but he also laid the groundwork for a LOT of bad. No better than Biden or many others in that regard.

I don’t want another Biden, and I don’t want another Trump. How does my distaste for the two “popular” options make me a bad guy, when all I want is a sane human who isn’t a deranged, senile, one man circus???

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I can’t help it if a large portion of the population has bought in to Trump’s cult of personality. How so many can worship at his feet while he literally sold us down the river on numerous 2A measures is beyond me, but here we are, people trying to get him back in for a second shot at screwing more stuff up. Sure, he did some good, but he also laid the groundwork for a LOT of bad. No better than Biden or many others in that regard.

I don’t want another Biden, and I don’t want another Trump. How does my distaste for the two “popular” options make me a bad guy, when all I want is a sane human who isn’t a deranged, senile, one man circus???
    Do you believe we have less gun rights across America than 25 to 50 years ago?

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Do you believe we have less gun rights across America than 25 to 50 years ago?

On a Federal level? Yes. FOPA didn’t exist 50 years ago, for one. The AWB was at the Federal level, and the ATF has clearly stepped it into overdrive since the AWB sunset. So yes, absolutely IMO.

At the state level? No, I think many states have made positive moves towards greater 2A freedom.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

It never even crosses your mind that most folks made more money and spent less relatively, to live, than in most of our lifetimes?

Talk about buying, rather than rationally looking at results and what actually happened, you are buying the emotional BS enemies of freedom put out there…

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    It never even crosses your mind that most folks made more money and spent less relatively, to live, than in most of our lifetimes?

Talk about buying, rather than rationally looking at results and what actually happened, you are buying the emotional BS enemies of freedom put out there…

I usually skip over your (muted) comments, but chew on this:

Do you really believe that Trump is the ONLY candidate on the face of God’s Green Earth who can make that happen? Why do I have to vote for The Clown if the answer is no? This is why the two party system sucks. “We only have two choices, both suck ass, but my guy sucks it less.” Yeah, that sounds like a grand plan to me…

Top Bottom