• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    If .45 AARP does that, then it’s a suicide round. No way you could be out of the blast area, with the bullet drop. Heck, the round has such a rainbow trajectory, I’m surprised that some ammo company hasn’t come out with a +Pride round for June.

:):

Is that the official round recommended for senior citizens? Asking for a friend :cool:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    If .45 AARP does that, then it’s a suicide round. No way you could be out of the blast area, with the bullet drop. Heck, the round has such a rainbow trajectory, I’m surprised that some ammo company hasn’t come out with a +Pride round for June.

:):
    .45 AARP......I Love it
    I will take a case please....

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Adding a pistol brace to a .22 rimfire AR-15 pistol magically converts it into a 30mm Mk44 Bushmaster II auto-cannon. Who would have ever thought it possible!

mk44-bushmaster-ii-weapon-system-weapons-platform-30-mm-caliber-autocannon-infantry-fighting-v...png

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    IMPORTANT:

It appears House Joint Resolution 44 disapproving ATF's Pistol Brace Rule will come up for a floor vote in the U.S. Senate on Thursday or Friday.
    Note that unlike normal Bills, it does NOT require 60 vote Cloture, and Chuck Schumer CANNOT otherwise block it coming up for a vote. It will be voted on.

It's important to call both Senator Young's and Senator Braun's offices in D.C. and tell them NICELY you expect not only their vote to pass this resolution, but you also expect them to do everything they can to ensure it has the required 51 votes to pass, which will need at least two Democrats to flip and vote in favor of it. I've already sent them both electronic messages (and yes, their staff reads them) and will be calling Thursday morning. Please keep this focused on getting HJR 44 passed and that you want to force President Biden to veto it. Bringing up their past votes on other 2A related legislation does no good regarding this resolution. Save that for later. Keep this positive. The relentless number of phone calls made to House members got the resolution to the floor of the House. Don't underestimate what countless phone calls, letters, telegrams, etc. can do. The squeaky wheel can get some attention.

From the U.S. Senate's website, these are the Indiana Senators' D.C. office numbers
    • Senator Young: (202) 224-5623
    • Senator Braun: (202) 224-4814
    I'm not naïve. Biden will veto it before the ink on it is dry, and there' no way it would ever get the 2/3 supermajority in either chamber to override the veto. Nevertheless, it sends a clear message to the 9 lawsuits and their judges, that Congress finds the rule to be an ATF overreach beyond its Congressional Authority given by law, in addition to it being unconstitutional. This won't be lost on all the judges in the path of the 9 lawsuits in their District Courts and their appeals, giving them the sense of Congress regarding the rule.

Additional note:
    A 50/50 vote does no good. Harris would break the tie, but even if she didn't, a tie vote fails. It must have 51 to pass.

Thanks!

Last edited:

D.R.SCOTT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Indiana

I like how he specifically mentioned that it's for firing one handed. Because this is from the ATF website:

18 U.S.C., § 921(A)(29) and 27 CFR § 478.11. The term “Pistol” means a weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having: a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s);

It seems that the ATF claiming it would become a SBR and no longer a pistiol violates their own definition of a pistol. Just an observation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    article-6491d50bb7740.jpg

Top Bottom