• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I already spent the money. That was the cost at the time. If it becomes cheaper then so be it.

Remember how much a calculator used to cost? Microwave? Heck even a standard cell phone?

I have some NFA regulated items. All legal. If they would repeal the silly rule it wouldn't upset me at all.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    It isn't like people bought SBRs as "investments". IF Autos ever get taken off, then you might see some crying from some folks.
    Yep. I'm sure there will always be somebody who will whine about anything, no matter what it is, but if it's removing tax stamps from SBR's, I imagine it'll be a small enough percentage of gun owners that the rest of us will all simply be able to happily laugh at them.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I hope it all gets overturned in the court and all of the Tories who are complying get screwed out of their "free " stamps.

Plenty of gun owners seem to always get on their knees and stick that ass up in the air everytime the feds come up with a new way to screw us.
    Enjoy that!!
    Some of us value and will protect freedom at all costs

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I would love to see the SBR's and SBS' removed from the NFA. People with stamps will still have their weapons and it probably wouldn't affect value as they are just short barreled guns just like everyone else's. It would hopefully spur on more AR ownership by women and others who had a problem with the weight of a standard carbine or rifle.
    Then bring on getting suppressors removed from the NFA.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    Yeah, I just remember the plethora of folks here in IN complaining about not getting their LTCH fees back when we went Constitutional Carry. I'm sure there will be folks whining about how they want their $200(x?) back and how future free SBRs are unfair to them.
    I have a Lifetime LTCH as does my whole family. Don't hear any complaining here as we are all in Ohio or Kentucky pretty much daily.
    I would sympathize with people who have full auto stuff as the value would drop out bottom, but SBR, SBS and Suppressor values would stay pretty much the same I would imagine.
    As much as I want a full auto someday, I probably couldn't afford to feed it very often.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And its funny how this is turning out. Its like the squeaky wheel getting the grease. For years they've been successfully flying under the radar of the courts. But now they overstepped and now maybe the whole thing is going to come crumbling down because they just went too far.

It reminds me of the guy embezzling successfully for years until he gets greedy and takes too big of a bite and pops up on the radar and suddenly he's in cuffs.

Based on merit, I expected suppressors to be overturned before SBRs. That was an easier argument I thought from a safety angle. That seemed easy; educate the masses and legislators that they are believing the hollywood myth and that hood rats arent going to be able to totally hide their antics by using one.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    All this talk reminded me I have changed email servers. My old account is gone from lack of use because I changed providers.

I spent a nice time online live chatting with a lady from ATF to get it resolved. We did tho and for that I am happy.

After that I browsed and looked at the Form 1's I had submitted a long while back.

I still have one can that I have yet to build. Talk about a waste of the $200.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And its funny how this is turning out. Its like the squeaky wheel getting the grease. For years they've been successfully flying under the radar of the courts. But now they overstepped and now maybe the whole thing is going to come crumbling down because they just went too far.

It reminds me of the guy embezzling successfully for years until he gets greedy and takes too big of a bite and pops up on the radar and suddenly he's in cuffs.

Based on merit, I expected suppressors to be overturned before SBRs. That was an easier argument I thought from a safety angle. That seemed easy; educate the masses and legislators that they are believing the hollywood myth and that hood rats arent going to be able to totally hide their antics by using one.
    Getting the "suppressors" out of the NFA is a Sisyphean Task. Fighting the Hollyweird "pffft pffft pffft" Myth perpetuated in movies like the John Wick and James Bond Franchises is impossible. The early 1930's gangster movies and Hiram Percy Maxim's aggressive marketing of them as reducing muzzle reports to a whisper is what landed them in the NFA to begin with. Don't expect the likes of Biden, Newsom, Hochul, Pritzker or Whitmer to give a single millimeter on any firearm restriction. Congress -- the Senate in particular will be perpetually gridlocked with the 60 vote Cloture rule. The only path to dismantling what is in the NFA is via the Federal courts, one item at a time.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    I don't want to appear to be a pessimist here, but....... I think that we are quite a ways from the demise of the ATF and its power to (arbitrarily) dictate regulations regarding firearms. While I, too, wish for a more sane approach to their dictatorial activities, I believe we are getting a bit more optimistic than the current situation would call for. Yes, I know there are multiple lawsuits in various stages of process and yes, I agree, they seem based on legal logic and yes, I hope that they are successful. My take is that, even though the suits (hopefully) are successful in restricting the ATF, we must consider the current president, his administration and the composition of the legislative branch. Getting to the point, I can see this being appealed by either side, depending on the prior court ruling, all the way to the SCOTUS. We all understand the time frame that that might entail.

That all being said, I pray that we will prevail!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I don't want to appear to be a pessimist here, but....... I think that we are quite a ways from the demise of the ATF and its power to (arbitrarily) dictate regulations regarding firearms. While I, too, wish for a more sane approach to their dictatorial activities, I believe we are getting a bit more optimistic than the current situation would call for. Yes, I know there are multiple lawsuits in various stages of process and yes, I agree, they seem based on legal logic and yes, I hope that they are successful. My take is that, even though the suits (hopefully) are successful in restricting the ATF, we must consider the current president, his administration and the composition of the legislative branch. Getting to the point, I can see this being appealed by either side, depending on the prior court ruling, all the way to the SCOTUS. We all understand the time frame that that might entail.

That all being said, I pray that we will prevail!
    I can understand your pessimism, and I sure hope you're wrong.
    If you think about it, I would not have believed we could accomplish constitutional carry in Indiana in my lifetime and yet, here we are.

Keep your powder dry and keep the faith.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I hope it all gets overturned in the court and all of the Tories who are complying get screwed out of their "free " stamps.

Plenty of gun owners seem to always get on their knees and stick that ass up in the air everytime the feds come up with a new way to screw us.
    Enjoy that!!
    Some of us value and will protect freedom at all costs

TT, how ya been?
    Ain't seen you in awhile.

Top Bottom