• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am always looking to improve my work / hobby and I never have been happy with my fixture I use to thread barrels, It was home made and it worked but was not as ridged as I wanted.
    problem should be solved now. This should also handle rifle receivers for blueprinting so I may have to pick up an Axis and see how that goes.....someday.

Anyway, pics of my new toy :) This thing weighs in at 8 lbs

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have only seen them with adjustments for the front and the rear, never for the middle... for receiver blueprinting anyways. Is that something thats added for threading barrels? Seems like it would only make dialing in the receiver more frustrating.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have only seen them with adjustments for the front and the rear, never for the middle... for receiver blueprinting anyways. Is that something thats added for threading barrels? Seems like it would only make dialing in the receiver more frustrating.

The middle is for pistol barrels

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    That's interesting - how does it work? I have always just mounted barrels between centers to thread them.

Yea I have done that too. this allows me to use a "range rod" to index off the bore. in addition to threading it works great for cutting a nice square crown which is hard to do mounted on centers

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Thing looks like its longer than my MK II barrel. Needless to say I like it and think its worthwhile. Will you use it when you cut choke threads too?

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Get it set up on a mill and cut out some slots along the side. It'll really help when trying to get something set up in there to help see what's going on and if you need get your fingers in there to adjust anything. I'd also recommend putting an aluminum sleeve in the inside incase a barrel or something slips and hits the inner wall. Not saying you have to, but I really like it on mine.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Get it set up on a mill and cut out some slots along the side. It'll really help when trying to get something set up in there to help see what's going on and if you need get your fingers in there to adjust anything. I'd also recommend putting an aluminum sleeve in the inside incase a barrel or something slips and hits the inner wall. Not saying you have to, but I really like it on mine.

Thanks for tips. I appreciate it

Top Bottom