• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I cannot stand the commercial they have been showing on TV. If they would just take out the part about ticketing the driver it would still get the message across without the "generating revenue" side. I agree texting while driving is a distraction and should not be done. Not saying i never do, but I shouldn't. Ticketing for it I cannot agree with.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Text messaging infomercials are about as effective as drunk driving infomercials. Waste of time and money, the cops get less than 1% of the daily drunk drivers as it is. Spend the money and buy me a beer would be money better spent.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Waste of time and money, these types of programs just don't work, especially on young people. It's just like the drunk driving campaigns where they bring in someone to talk at the high schools who was paralyzed etc. The talk at the time can be powerful but it lasts about as long as it takes them to get out of the gym/auditorium.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    They're probably not near as effective as the "Be a Dad today" campaigns they run on the radio for fatherhood.gov

Nothing better to get someone to be there for their kid than a 30 second radio spot.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    When people know cops are looking for cell phones, they are likely to hold the phone lower so no one can see them. They actually become more distracted by looking down into their lap.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Waste of time and money, these types of programs just don't work, especially on young people. It's just like the drunk driving campaigns where they bring in someone to talk at the high schools who was paralyzed etc. The talk at the time can be powerful but it lasts about as long as it takes them to get out of the gym/auditorium.

Very few things work on young people. I know some students I went to high school with that text while driving. One of them has been in multiple wrecks *not sure if it was due to texting* but still continued/continues to text and drive.
    I would have said that young people who feel invincible are not likely to stop texting and driving until they get into an accident of some sort, but it seems some would still risk it even after being in a couple wrecks.

Also some **not all** probably do not know, nor care about the statistics. I am sorry if I am wrong on specifics, but those who are texting and driving can be up to 4x-6x more likely to crash than being drunk. It has been awhile since I've seen/heard about it, but either way... anything that could be more dangerous than driving intoxicated is not something to risk...

Then again, some people in general are not afraid to drive intoxicated either..

It seems as if advertisements of any kind are ineffective on multiple ages. An individual is going to feel like he is fine after he/she tries it a couple times and does not receive any consequences.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    When people know cops are looking for cell phones, they are likely to hold the phone lower so no one can see them. They actually become more distracted by looking down into their lap.

Nah, I still keep mine up at eye level. Cops are too busy drivin and playin with their console mounted laptop to notice me.:D

Top Bottom