• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    2 weeks ago we set a 728VT milling machine in my garage, spent this weekend installing the power feed, traming in the vise, ect.....
    Got around to firing the machine up and making chips....went thru the square up the blocks routine, will not square up (in Y ) I tried everything (including getting my text book out from when I served my apprenticeship) finally bolt a 2-4-6 to the table & in the vise....using Z run an indicator up & down the blocks......0055 in 3 inches, the head in nodding at me, crap, call PM.....got thru the details with them, new Kurt vise, new Lyndex collets, used interapid indicator, and started my apprenticeship in 1986....been running machines since then.....3 hours on the phone, try this, they that, thy this.....short answer I get to pull the column loose & shim it....$5722.16 for new machine & I get the privilege of fixing it.....feeling very cheated!
    Please cheer me up or offer to fix my machine for me

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Seems to me they would run a baseline test before sending it out the door? Somebody there had to have cut out of work early the day they were building your machine.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Sounds like they lied to you :(
    Hope you get it worked out. I know I'd be pissed.

Precision Matthews Guarantee​

Not all machines are created equal. Precision Matthews machines are a breed apart and in virtually all cases, are equipped with higher quality motors, gears, bearings–and most importantly, a higher attention to detail compared with others on the market. We offer a wide range of machines and accessories, anything from budget priced, hobby type machines, to the highest precision, top of the line industrial machines. But whichever model that you choose, you can be sure that you are getting the best value for your money.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Sounds like they lied to you :(
    Hope you get it worked out. I know I'd be pissed.
    Lied to is the story of my life.
    Mike in service at PM claims PM will make it right with me, but at last I'm stuck fixing a new make machine.
    Pissed? A little, this is how my life goes, as a child my toys came broken new in a box, as a young man I gave up on having nice things because junk was I was able to find, as an adult I expect more or at least full disclosure of you may have to fix it new outa the box......I have right at 7k invested at point and I have to fix the machine myself

Top Bottom