• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mwiseman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    The triggers really suck on a lot of those little options. Check out a Bersa Thunder 380 or 380cc. They are great guns and big enough to be easy on handling and recoil but small enough to easily conceal.

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Hi, I have the Ruger LCP 380 and the Ruger LC9 9MM. The Rugers are well made guns that has been completely reliable for me. The Ruger LCP makes for an excellent pocket carry weapon because of its weight and ergonomics. I have small relatively strong hands thus the small size is not a problem for me. Felt recoil for both guns, to me, is nominal. Someone commented about accuracy but most likely you will be so close to your target that the nominal inaccuracies common to such guns will not be a problem. Both the Ruger LCP and the S&W 380 are DAO. The major differences that stand out to me between the Ruger and the S&W 380 is the sights and the external safety on the S&W. The Ruger sights are very rudimentary while the S&W has the three dot sights and the laser sight.

TEK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    st joe county
    i have a feg ppk clone that I shot quite a bit back in the day. loved it.

I doubt I even paid $200 for it. sweet piece.

points well. timeless design-

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If the Sig P238 is not to your liking, then I highly recommend the Sig P230 or P232 (the difference is in the sights). The P232 is slighly larger and with a fixed barrel. The fixed barrel adds much to accuracy. I have both Sigs and will part with the P238 long before I part with my P230.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well since this was bumped by somebody making a dash for 50, might as well ask? What gun did the OP end up buying? How does she like it?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    I was curious about the final choice also. I own an LCP and have been reasonably happy with it until my wife purchased a Bodyguard. If one just looks at the spec sheet there should be very little difference in the amount of felt recoil between the two guns, but I find that I can shoot the Bodyguard faster and better than the LCP.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    + 1 Bersa

The triggers really suck on a lot of those little options. Check out a Bersa Thunder 380 or 380cc. They are great guns and big enough to be easy on handling and recoil but small enough to easily conceal.

+1 for the Bersa 380's.
    First of all, they are stone cold reliable, easy to shoot, accurate and very inexpensive.
    A friend sold his Walther 380, and purchased a Bersa Thunder 380. To this day, his does not understand, how Bersa can make such
    good guns for so little money.
    Lifetime warranty if you would ever need it.
    My 2 cents.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I owned a PK380 for a while but sold it after about 2 months. It was one of the first to hit the shelves and I had been scouring the gun shops trying to find one. I loved my P22 and the thought of the P22 in .380 sure did sound nice. It was a nice gun to shoot and had probably the easiest slide to rack I've ever felt. But, I hated the little take down tool needed to take it down for a simple cleaning. Then, there was the size. It's not a big gun, but it's bigger than other guns with the same capacity. In the end, I bought a Bersa and was much happier with that than I was with the PK380. It's not that the PK380 was a bad gun, but it just did not fit my needs as much as I thought it would.

OIIIIIO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    I've never had a malfunction with my bodyguard. The laser is a bit of a gimmick and it does have a very long trigger pull.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, the ruger .380 is just about the same as the P3AT and the P3At is not fun to shoot but it is very light weight if that is what you are looking for.

I also own a Bersa .380CC and it is much more fun to shoot and practice with but is heavier. It is also cost effective with a lifetime warranty.

alex00

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    I'd give a +1 for the Bersa .380. First gun I ever bought 5 years ago and it's amazing. It fires great, the recoil is almost non existent. I like firing it over my S&W shield. With that being said, if you want a firearm that you're going to take to the range a lot, .380 ammo is as difficult to find and expensive as a one-balled stuffed unicorn. I went to S&W shield because of the size and more common and cheap 9mm rounds. 9mm is the round that the UN uses and will always be more common than .380.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I have had my Bersa 380 for couple of years now, love it. About a month ago I picked up the 9 round mag with the extension on the end. Wow, what a huge difference for my grip. I have long fingers and I can't believe the difference it makes. My son tried it out and was very impressed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Wabash
    If you want a .380 your best bet is the Bersa Thunder .380. Your worst is the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, but they sure are good looking.
    I'm a little curious about what your criteria is for determining "best" and "worst"? I have never had a Bersa .380 in my hands so I cannot speak from experience, but a quick look at the specs for the two guns raises some questions in my mind. The Bersa holds more rounds and I imagine it is cheaper, although my quick look did not turn up the MSRP. I assume the Bersa also has less felt recoil, but the little Smith wins every other category. By looking at the physical dimensions of the gun, the Thunder is much closer to the Shield than it is to the Bodyguard. I'm not trying to be controversial on this, I just wonder what your priorities are in making this determination.

Hoosier Gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    NE
    I like the sig p238. They have an extended magazine if you need more room for you pinky. I have small hands so the original grip works well for me. I concur with another poster - it's easy to rack and easy to shoot (light recoil).

Top Bottom