• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    This is a very common misconception. Stainless means it stains less not stain proof. There are many varieties of and degrees of stainless and semi stainless steels and all have qualities that are better suited for different tasks. Hell most stainless steel used in firearms and knives is magnetic. Given a long enough time in a corrosive environment all stainless steel will oxidize
    Give me a second to remove my foot from my mouth.... consider me schooled on stainless steel. :D I definitely was one who suffered that misconception. I always thought stainless was to be very low to no maintenance required; sort of an extreme conditions product. It really threw me for a loop when his .45 rusted while in the gun cabinet; SA said it was because of the alloys they use in the stainless steel. So I guess that just lead me to believe that a true stainless steel would behave as I had envisioned it should. Learn something new everyday... check, check, and check. Are there stainless steels that are like I was imagining... scratch that; just read the last line of your post and answered my question for myself. :ugh: Time to take a nap before my next run starts.
    Col

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    I said Springfield RO...as in Range Officer, not the mil-spec 1911-a1...very different pistols...
    Isn't the FS kind of an upgraded model... I guess I just assumed that the RO would be a comparable model to the pistol you ended up going with. My apologies; I'll have to do some research and see what apples and oranges we are talking about here, once I have some more spare time. lol
    Col

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    I was impressed with the trigger on mine, very good especially at that price point. Also liked that it came with two mags. I have since sold mine, but only because I wanted something else more. I had no complaints about the Citadel and recommend it to others looking for an entry level 1911 in 9mm.
    That's what everyone who has shot my RIA 1911 A1 says too that the trigger is very good. I suppose it is, I just had never really thought much about it until last time we were shooting and my dad made the comment. This was kind of a big deal, since he shoots a custom Gold Cup... and honestly I had never really thought one way or the other about it. I just shoot them and I guess the triggers on both are good enough to the point that I never took the time to consider them. I'm sure if the RIA had a really horrible trigger then I would have noticed that, but it was just kind of humbling to realized how spoiled a guy can be without even knowing it.
    Col

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    Maybe I fibbed a little bit. I didn't care for the ambi safety and dremeled the one side smooth, but that is my preference and I suppose not necessarily a negative against the gun.
    I hear that complaint a lot... was it because it dug into the web of your hand? I have shot some weapons with ambi-safeties, but I guess I never found it to be a real problem for me. But, it does seem to be a reoccurring trend that ambis are not so well liked. Maybe if the lefty safety was a bit more reserved and out of the way? But then, people who are left handed and need it would feel second rate... kind of a catch 22.
    Col

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    attachment.php
    Yeah, like that is.... that looks very nice and clean. Well done Dude! :rockwoot::rockwoot:
    Col

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    congrats. looks like a fun piece.
    1911 in 9mm seems like it would be a blast to shoot and less intimidating for others to try at the range
    (it's all relative, there's nothing inherently intimidating about a .45, just perception and experience that form someone's comfort level)

NightmareOne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Jamestown ND
    congrats. looks like a fun piece.
    1911 in 9mm seems like it would be a blast to shoot and less intimidating for others to try at the range
    (it's all relative, there's nothing inherently intimidating about a .45, just perception and experience that form someone's comfort level)
    True, to me the recoil isn't as snappy with the .45 as a 9mm. Thinking a 1911 in 22tcm/9mm would be really cool too. Then you have the best of two new worlds. Or a .38 super.... not sure why, but that caliber just intrigues me. Maybe it's the super part. :hehe::cool:
    Col

Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    It is a great gun...and ya that's my listing. I do like it alot...just seeing what else may be out there that would be a little easier/lighter for carry.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I received my Citadel 9mm 1911 today. Stripped it and cleaned the crap out of it, then put it back together lubed properly. Fit and finish seems pretty good! Can't wait to get it out and shoot it. I'll probably order a couple 10 round Wilson Combat mags for it.

Top Bottom