• ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    Cult of NdGT continues its march to hide the fabrications: Why Is Wikipedia Scrubbing All References To Neil Tyson's Fabrication?

It's like they are anti-science or something.

This isn't really a cult of Tyson. Wikipedia is heavily edited by the movement known as the 'skeptics', who are actually anything but.

Guerrilla Skepticism on Wikipedia

This movement worships guys like Tyson, Bill Nye, and other celebrity "scientists".

Kirk, you often buy into their propaganda hook line and sinker when it comes to medicine.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe it's time for INGO to treat threads and posts about folks like NdGT the same as they do threads and posts about religion. It's obvious to many, these guys are the priests of their religion of science.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I like watching Tyson on cosmology and astrophysics. He's sort of the P.T. Barnum of astronomy, and has the ability to get folks interested. That's a GOOD thing, JMO.

Astrophysicist who's a good showman? Sure. "Brilliant" astrophysicist? Wholeheartedly disagree. Tyson's simply not in the same category as Hawking, Susskind, Sagan, Kaku, or Filippenko.

Then there's the fact that he's a staunch lefty-loon liberal, and global warming conspiracy fear-mongering Liar-In-Chief supporter, which entirely negates any positive contributions Tyson's made toward astronomy and astrophysics.

Stick to doing shows about astronomy, Tyson. You have a gift for them. Beyond that, even discussing peanut butter & jelly vs. peanut butter & banana sandwiches, you're way behind even the minimum level of 'smarts' required.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am like that as a well-known leader of the anti-bimbo-as-scientist movement.

Well, you actually believe that regular brushing and flossing of your teeth with proper technique is actually good for you. I can't believe you fell for that load o' hooey from the medical community.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    Well, you actually believe that regular brushing and flossing of your teeth with proper technique is actually good for you. I can't believe you fell for that load o' hooey from the medical community.

Actually, Kirk regularly mocks the idea that hygiene has an significant impact on wellness.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I like watching Tyson on cosmology and astrophysics. He's sort of the P.T. Barnum of astronomy, and has the ability to get folks interested. That's a GOOD thing, JMO.

Astrophysicist who's a good showman? Sure. "Brilliant" astrophysicist? Wholeheartedly disagree. Tyson's simply not in the same category as Hawking, Susskind, Sagan, Kaku, or Filippenko.

Then there's the fact that he's a staunch lefty-loon liberal, and global warming conspiracy fear-mongering Liar-In-Chief supporter, which entirely negates any positive contributions Tyson's made toward astronomy and astrophysics.

Stick to doing shows about astronomy, Tyson. You have a gift for them. Beyond that, even discussing peanut butter & jelly vs. peanut butter & banana sandwiches, you're way behind even the minimum level of 'smarts' required.

I agree. I think he's a very good astrophysicist, but brilliant definitely has to be reserved for the exceptional.

Top Bottom