• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I've been putting together for the past few months a patrol pack configuration. All the stuff is organized in a 3 day assault pack. It is essentially for neighborhood patrol and brief gun fighting. It is light in weight, easy to take off and put back on. Full loaded it weighs around 12 lb.
    This bag is not for bugging out, It's for helping my neigbors bugg in....
    below is a list of what I have so far,...I'm looking for some input on what else I might need for a patrol pack.

80 rounds back up .223 brass
    binoculars
    flashlight
    US Army issue trauma kit
    eye protection
    rifleman gloves
    wipe cloth (for sweat, blood, dirt, etc.)
    one use cleaning kit
    1 canteen for hot coffe or water.
    back up batteries for flashlight and red dot scope...

thats it,...of corse theres a a tac vest, 5 mags and a rifle strapped on me, but is there anything else in that patrol pack i should think about getting??

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I would be concerned if I were to observe you walking in my neighborhood with all of that. Why do you call this a neighborhood pack? I am new to all of this so maybe I have missed the point.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'd be a little concerned if I saw someone patrolling my neighborhood wearing full battle gear too.

I'd probably suggest taking it down a few notches & maintaining a more civilian "neighborhood watch" type approach.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Put me in the "I don't get it" camp. It sounds like the start of a good pack, I just don't understand yet what you plan to do with it. Is this for normal patrol or SHTF? If SHTF, are you going to be wandering around sipping coffee getting into random gun battles by yourself while the neighbors hide?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I took it as a SHTF application.

I have let my imagination run away with me, too. Nobody knows what degree of SHTF is coming or how rapidly or subtly it has been coming.

But I usually keep my imagined scenarios in my head. Lest I sound like a person that would be disappointed that the scenarios I speak of never come.

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    LOL, this is for an organized SHTF neighborhood patrol, where there is more than one man patrolling the neighborhood. It's for when there are burning riots taking place, 15 miles or so away..:):

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Maybe some sort of communication device and spare battery for it? Or is this an uncoordinated effort?

Not to sound really out there but consider a ballistic helmet, elbow and knee pads, some TP and a small shovel, and as a diversionary item in your vest some simple fire crackers and a lighter. Some OC or other dog spray..

Also might want to consider a map of the patrol area and some way of navigation for those foggy morning patrols where you can't see your hand 6 inches in front of your face.

I understand your idea, but unless your coordinating with your entire, I mean entire neighborhood you just might get shot by someone your protecting.. I see a group effort here.

Just my inexperienced, seen it on the internet(s) educated opinion.. Remember, "I don't know anything.."

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    'm looking for some input on what else I might need for a patrol pack.

80 rounds back up .223 brass
    Put this in 3 mags and place the mags on your vest...
    binoculars
    Get a compact pair and place them either in a Pocket or on your Vest
    flashlight
    With a Light Filter, this is for Patrol Work right...
    US Army issue trauma kit
    Place this on your Vest...
    eye protection
    WEAR THIS!!!
    rifleman gloves
    WEAR THIS!!!
    wipe cloth (for sweat, blood, dirt, etc.)
    one use cleaning kit
    Really you are going to take the time during a Patrol to strip and clean your Weapon System?! How about a better idea, take enough cleaning rods with you that you can clear obstructions from your weapons barrel.

1 canteen for hot coffe or water.
    Once again why not wear this instead of placing it in a Pack?!
    back up batteries for flashlight and red dot scope...
    Make sure you check the Batteries before you leave on a Patrol instead. If I was carrying Comms Gear I would carry a spare battery.

thats it,...of corse theres a a tac vest, 5 mags and a rifle strapped on me, but is there anything else in that patrol pack i should think about getting??
    Bold are my Comments.

Why place these items in a pack?! :dunno:

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    I wanted to keep those items off my vest so i can decrese my profile as needed. Being able to get slimmer by taking off the back pack, so I can lay prone or squeeze through tight spaces. And then put the back pack on when needed. If the stuff was strapped to my vest and it was giving me problems trying to crawl underneth something.....grrr. but since It's a zip up molle vest, it's also easy to take off and put back on.....I'll have to think about that one. I find I have more mobility with as little on my vest as possible, and a pack on my back.....

Quick clot and pressure bandage is in the trauma kit.

Communication; radio would be strapped on my vest, and you right I forgot to mention the spare batteries for that! Thanx!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    While I can appreciate the sentiment of your approach I'd have to point out that packing out like this is going to make you stand out like a sore thumb to anyone who's scouting the neighborhood for "goods".

As Dom put it to me in another thread along similar lines, becoming the gray man who doesn't stand out is by far a more effective method of identifying and assessing potential threats because you aren't perceived as one by the "predators".

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    Maybe some sort of communication device and spare battery for it? Or is this an uncoordinated effort?

Not to sound really out there but consider a ballistic helmet, elbow and knee pads, some TP and a small shovel, and as a diversionary item in your vest some simple fire crackers and a lighter. Some OC or other dog spray..

Also might want to consider a map of the patrol area and some way of navigation for those foggy morning patrols where you can't see your hand 6 inches in front of your face.

I understand your idea, but unless your coordinating with your entire, I mean entire neighborhood you just might get shot by someone your protecting.. I see a group effort here.

Just my inexperienced, seen it on the internet(s) educated opinion.. Remember, "I don't know anything.."

yeah, this is a subject with alot of variables involved when it comes to neighborhood watch/SHTF version. There might be a cerfew after a certain time of night, fog is a major bummer....etc.

Knee pads would also be on. Not sure about the ballistic helmet, If our team communication is where it should be, we'd engage mob criminality from the roof tops or from behind bushes after they ignore warnings to cease. Hopefully theyd dispurse after a few of their mates started dropping. I plan on enemy not seeing us..

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    While I can appreciate the sentiment of your approach I'd have to point out that packing out like this is going to make you stand out like a sore thumb to anyone who's scouting the neighborhood for "goods".

As Dom put it to me in another thread along similar lines, becoming the gray man who doesn't stand out is by far a more effective method of identifying and assessing potential threats because you aren't perceived as one by the "predators".

nicely said, maybe there's scout watch that has concealed carry and communication,..and then the heavy stuff stays in closet till they get the warning.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    yeah, this is a subject with alot of variables involved when it comes to neighborhood watch/SHTF version. There might be a cerfew after a certain time of night, fog is a major bummer....etc.

Knee pads would also be on. Not sure about the ballistic helmet, If our team communication is where it should be, we'd engage mob criminality from the roof tops or from behind bushes after they ignore warnings to cease. Hopefully theyd dispurse after a few of their mates started dropping. I plan on enemy not seeing us..

Too many hopes in that plan for my comfort. You folks should probably talk about this a little more.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I'd stay away from the quik clot. Unless its applied in a certain way for immediately life threatening blood loss ( severed artery, blood spurting uncontrollably) its not a good idea.
    I'd prefer being heavily armed and look like it to a bad guy than to appear to be a "gray man" . If I was trying to get home through someone else's area maybe, but not on patrol in my own area. I'd wanna appear to be bristling with deadly shooty stuff and killy things .
    This is post SHTF obviously.

Top Bottom