Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Unfortunately, too large a segment of our society only trust someone with a weapon if that someone is wearing a uniform and a badge. :xmad:

More and more people are coming around all the time. Common sense is beginning to prevail on this issue.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    For the love of God, stop bumping 6 year old threads... :rolleyes:

07B64091-7E34-443D-A033-E921C38462A0_zpsxmdobvwr.gif

Frost49

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Tim Buk 2
    When I first started carrying, my wife asked why.. I told her.. "it is better to have it and never need it, than to need it and never have it" She got the point then.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm in a good situation, my family are supporters of the Constitution and America, and race-to-50 thread bumping. They all own guns, but don't all carry.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My family does't care. Wife's family is another issue. Her family is almost all very anti anything gun. One posts/likes stuff continuously on F B. - especially from Bloomberg groups. Discussion with them has zero chance of changing minds. Arguing with them just makes my life more difficult afterwards ( as in unhappy wife ). Only time I was outspoken to them was at reunion few years ago less than 24 hours after local home invasion/murder involving friend of many in family. Victims had no weapons of any kind. Both beaten, husband killed. At reunion during discussion, one female cousin stated that she could protect herself as she keeps an ax handle beside her bed for protection. I laughed and pointed out distance factors, multiple invaders, etc. No one had a rebuttal/answer. Came home from USPSA match couple months ago wearing match shirt, etc to house full of them, not a word was uttered pro or con but seemed rather cool air in house.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I know a lot of people don't like Bush, but look at the other side. They've got Hillary, goofy Joe Biden, John Edwards, Chris Dodd and some Illinois senator no one's ever heard of....Brackattack Osama or something.

On the plus side, I'm really enjoying my 120% mortgage with no money down and no income verification.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    My dad (who also carries regular) tells me how absurd he thinks it is I carry everywhere. And I thought liberals were hypocritical :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Feeling special that one of my threads got raised up from the dead.

On Topic. Pretty much all of family (the ones that matter anyway) accepts that I carry and quite a few of them have started carrying also.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Who cares if it's an old thread.
    It's a good topic.
    If you don't want an old thread, don't read it.

Yep, or the guy could make a new thread so some wise ass could post "dupe".

REPORTED!!! (To Rookie)

BTW, I have an Uncle--who incidently has been a hunter since before I was born--who gives me a hard time about carrying. (I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.) I either don't respond, or respond with something smart. We already went through the "Why do you carry a gun/Because a cop is too heavy" & "What are you afraid of/I'm not afraid of anything, I have a gun" exchanges. Maybe that just ticked him off enough to ride my backside once and a while. HA!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
    Point "Taken" Liam.

Top Bottom