• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    I have a very small job I need a grader for.

Story is, we had to drill a new well, now the back and side yard need graded out. It's not a big area at all. It MIGHT take an hour? MAYBE?

I've had some people say they'll do it, but when the weather is nice and can be done, they are busy with other jobs. And I get that...make hay while the sun is shining.

Anyways, I would do it myself, but to rent something is STUPID expensive once you factor in trailer, tractor, grader, etc.

So, if someone here is interested, or knows someone who they would trust, let me know.

I kind of need it done soon so I can get my raised garden beds in.

Thanks in advance,

B

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    You are always going to be at the bottom of the list with a small job. Sad to say but usually true. Since time is important, you are going to be ahead renting a small or mini skid steer and doing it yourself. Some rental places will give you a half day rate on Friday or Saturday and don’t expect the machine back before Monday morning.

You should check with neighbors and people you know who may also have a small job to do. Maybe you can defray your costs with other work while you have the machine.

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    You are always going to be at the bottom of the list with a small job. Sad to say but usually true. Since time is important, you are going to be ahead renting a small or mini skid steer and doing it yourself. Some rental places will give you a half day rate on Friday or Saturday and don’t expect the machine back before Monday morning.

You should check with neighbors and people you know who may also have a small job to do. Maybe you can defray your costs with other work while you have the machine.
    I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing. Time is money, on both sides of it. I'm ok with paying for someone to do the work, but, I'm not going to pay their weekly rate for an hour job. A fair price tag is all I'm asking.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    I'd rather pay someone who knows what they are doing. Time is money, on both sides of it. I'm ok with paying for someone to do the work, but, I'm not going to pay their weekly rate for an hour job. A fair price tag is all I'm asking.
    Your argument is valid. The reality is something else. End of the day…… do you want the job done or would you prefer to be philosophically, correct?

I can send a crew and have your job done promptly but you really don’t want to pay the price. With deference to you. Please don’t put yourself in the position of asking for things that you simply can’t afford. Then taking offense when asked to pay the long dollar for concierge service.

Top Bottom