Need shotgun info or a blue book please.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I have an Ithaca Model 37 Featherlight Deerslayer in 12ga. It is an original Deerslayer with rifle sights and an orange front sight. Says it's made by Ithaca in NY, prior to the start and stop they've had over the years. It has engravings on the receiver looks pretty freaking old.

Does anyone know about when these were made or what they go for? My buddy wants it, but I'm Curtis what to sell it at.

Thanks!

Vic

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Awesome! Thanks for the link, my mobile blows, makes searching difficult. You're right, it is pretty brutal, but it is a tack driver for sure.

EDIT: It was made in 1970, older than I am, outstanding!

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    A quick look at completed auctions has them all over the place. The low being $220 and the high at $410. Average price seems to be around $325.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Saw one recently, dunno if modified but it had a red semi transparent grip cap with a deer silhouette in silver color (maybe gold). Amber effect with the wood taking on some age, it just looked cool.

I'd get a corncob forend one if I can find one with s slug bbl.

Ahead of their time, I think the rear sight could take a EER scope. Not a fan of the Raybar front sights. My Simmons tweaked M51 had that, as did my XL900 SKB.

Hunted a season with a minty M37 deer gun (bought in that config). Don't think it had that cool old style cap I mentioned above. Freakin' spotwelds on action tube broke, cost me $15 to order a new tube/action bar assembly from Numrich's, this the late 80's.

Top Bottom