• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I spent my second anniversary bowhunting elk in Colorado. My then pregnant wife tagged along and stayed in camp which happened to be within walking distance of a group of hunter's wives who were hardcore holy-rollers. They walked down to see her daily to point out everything that was wrong in her life and tried to convert her to their religious beliefs. Nothing against them or what they believe, my wife just wasn't really prepared for the onslaught and I was miles away by sun-up and not back until after dark. By the seventh day of my hunt, she was ready to walk all day with me just to get away from them. We did several of the "romantic getaways" in years following,..though I think I was probably shamed into it. After 24 years of marriage, I could probably get away with going hunting on our anniversary again, but by myself this time. As others have said, don't set the bar to high on year two. I could tell you a good area to go elk hunting.........

Dirty Steve

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Romance is not really your strong suit eh, Steve? See my "romantic getaway" post in the break room. Now that is the way to woo her. Remember, roses and lollipops. Lollipops and roses........

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Romance is not really your strong suit eh, Steve? See my "romantic getaway" post in the break room. Now that is the way to woo her. Remember, roses and lollipops. Lollipops and roses........

Romance is over-rated. After 24 years, I'd rather go hunt out west. I can do romance when I can't physically hunt anymore.

Dirty Steve

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Put some cash in your pocket, set aside a block of time, stay off the interstates, pick a direction and just drive. When something looks interesting, stop and check it out. If the stop works out, stay as long as you can. If it doesn't, get back in the car. When about half your allotted time is up, pick a different route and spend the rest of the trip heading back towards home doing the same thing. Even if you don't find that "perfect spot", it is still virtually guaranteed to be a good time.

Top Bottom