• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK....this is the exact gun you have. AllenM and I collaborated on this for one of my good friends. It was bought with money he inherited from his mother with instructions he buy a gun with it. He bought an RO in 9mm and we turned this out for him. He is in love with it. Seriously sweet shooter.
    As this is most likely out past your budget it is just an example of what can be done.

Start with the EGW ignition controls, a good hand fit bushing and some grips. Then see where it goes. If it is a keeper it will only get better as you enhance the package.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Thanks Churchmouse, that gun is along the lines of what I envision, a gun that shoots better than I ever will, and looks great too. I have another question though. Do the EGW ignition kits work with the ILS system, or would this need changed too? I dont mind changing the MSH, just dont know the specifics on the ILS, as I have never used it, lol. And is there any advantage to one of there kits over the others, looks like a difference in the hammer?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks Churchmouse, that gun is along the lines of what I envision, a gun that shoots better than I ever will, and looks great too. I have another question though. Do the EGW ignition kits work with the ILS system, or would this need changed too? I dont mind changing the MSH, just dont know the specifics on the ILS, as I have never used it, lol. And is there any advantage to one of there kits over the others, looks like a difference in the hammer?

Is this the Internal lock system...???

This goes away with the new mainspring housing.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Yes, the internal lock system, I didnt know if the EGW kits would work with that or if the MSH needs replaced to use the new ignition kit. Seems like a good reason to get a MSH and magwell.:D
    OK, I gotta get outta here before I blow the budget too much, and I have to get ready for my daddy-daughter dance duties this afternoon.:rockwoot:Have a great day everyone.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I swapped out the springs in a buddies RO. To accommodate the new main spring we replaced the mainspring cap and plunger (not sure if the right terminology). This effectively disabled the ILS. But if it were my gun I would have dumped the factory mainspring housing. While I was at it I would go ahead and add the magwell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I swapped out the springs in a buddies RO. To accommodate the new main spring we replaced the mainspring cap and plunger (not sure if the right terminology). This effectively disabled the ILS. But if it were my gun I would have dumped the factory mainspring housing. While I was at it I would go ahead and add the magwell.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    A buddy of mine ordered a ported wilson combat barrel and got some slide work done. The gun came out great, and he claims the wilson combat barrel shoots better. I believe he sent the slide to magnaport.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I am leaning towards a msh,magwell swap. The Boss is going through some medical issues related to her degenerative arthritis. So spare funds right now are tied up for that. Seems like the Doctors think they should be paid for services rendered. Thanks for all the suggestions, I will get to this project someday.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am leaning towards a msh,magwell swap. The Boss is going through some medical issues related to her degenerative arthritis. So spare funds right now are tied up for that. Seems like the Doctors think they should be paid for services rendered. Thanks for all the suggestions, I will get to this project someday.

Family 1st.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Always, I have 4 kids,4 step kids,17 grandkids, and The Boss. And I would give my last breath and last bullet for them. Living is about loving, to me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    All of these guys have given you great advice. They can also do great work for you. Their creds are well known. If you decide to employ them, you will not be going wrong.

But they are a hundred miles away. Or more.

Our local 1911 guy is Jerry Johnson near Churubusco.

Our local finish guy is Brock Bell in Ft Wayne.

Having said all of that, your gun needs some very special, very expensive grips. I would go with fancy wood, but online you can find all kinds of special that suits your fancy.

JMO

Top Bottom