• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TD12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Afghanistan when I can.
    So let me preface this by saying I was only able to contact Alan via PM on INGO. I am currently a deployed contractor in Afghanistan and I wanted to get some new glass for one of my rifles.

I own an AR-10 that is probably my longest owned rifle, my baby and my child. In it's history, it has had a Vortex Strikefire and magpul buis.

Well, I sold the Strikefire to a friend as it just wasn't what I wanted and I felt I was limiting the AR-10 to 200-300 meter shots, which just wasn't right for that .308 round.

Well, I got to thinking and looking at the bank account and I decided to shoot out a PM with my wants for the rifle. I told him I was looking to possibly do a 3 gun with it, or multi-gun, either one as long as I could use it. I asked him about doing a medium optic, something able to do 700-800 meter engagements from a fixed position and a Razor on the 45* offset piece I saw in an image on his website.

Right away, he had an optic for me but told me not to worry about a razor as it would be doing the same thing that the Viper PST 1-4x would do. Well, when he said that I jumped to look at images and it looked to me like that was going to only allow for long range and not quick engagements. He further explained what the optic was actually capable of, and said it would be a great use for both quick and far.

I took his word and we went about dialing in the details. In those details, he went on to ask what kind of a mount I would be using or if I needed one. Well, I was going to need one and he showed me two. One was a fixed mount with no options for quick disconnect if need be. Well, being of the thought I am, I instantly said "What if the optic breaks and I am stuck without anything?" I already have those buis I mentioned earlier, so I looked at the Q/D mount he offered and recommend in the first place.

All together I ended up with a pretty good setup, based upon his recommendations. That isn't where it ends with Alan though. Once I thought about it for a few days and made up my mind that this was going to be what I wanted, I sent the payment. He responded promptly with a tracking number and saying it was shipped. This was a friday evening for me, and I woke up monday morning with a message in my email saying I had received 2 packages from A&A Optics. Woah, That was fast!

The bottom line, (TL;DR) Alan is a very easy to work with guy and has fast service.

If I ever need another optic, I know who I will be talking to.

Top Bottom