• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Except when they get stuck somewhere. Be careful with them. (No, it wasn't anything anatomical, wash your mind out with soap, pervert).

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Neodymium magnets are ridiculously powerful unless you heat them up, and then they're no longer magnetic beyond a certain temperature. But for normal use, there's not much more 'powerful'. I have a 1"x2" disc and it will pick up paper clips from 12" away. Two large neodymium magnets can pull toward each other with enough force to sever fingers. Pretty neat.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hear ya. Got tired of looking for the key to a metal network cabinet. (I dont need it secure, just to keep the door from drifting open) I took one of the hard drive magnets and stuck it to where the door meets the frame. mistake! I had to take my keys and pry the door open. LOL

I finally stuck the magnet to the outside edge of the door so only the thin edge of the magnet made contact with the cabinet. Now it holds just right.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeah this one is 2x2x1 inches with a hole in it. 550 paracord came unknotted as I tried to pull this thing loose. I had to get down on the floor and pry it out from the couch, and getting down on the floor is a big deal with my knee the way it is. I still haven't found my recoil spring.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I use NdFeB speakers in one my bass amps. They are soooo much lighter than a standard speaker. They really do help with moving amps. And yes they have some serious magnetism. I was doing some sanding with steel wool on the side of the speaker cabinet, and you could see the shavings forming patters on the box that contained the speakers. Pretty cool.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    i used to have a bunch of small disc shaped neodymium magnets that were used when i taught occupational science. the kids made dragstrips out of aluminum foil and 9-volt batteries, and we would make axles out of coat hanger wire with magnet wheels. once you started stacking wheels and hooking up batteries in series, it became real interesting.

Top Bottom