• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Whatever. I've always considered a ND was the result of an unavoidable discharge as in a faulty safety. Oh well it is what it is, whatever is is.
    That would be an AD. (accidental discharge)

Even those can be an ND if the weapon has not been properly maintained.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I don't think you're taking your time reading the definition. It's saying "not taking precautions a prudent person would take."

The shooter in this case did not take the precautions a prudent person would, therefore he was negligent.

Good explanation. I'd get ya, but I'm out...

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    No need for another "accidental discharge" vs "negligent discharge" debate. It was a moronic move that by the grace of God didn't result in someone being killed. We all did dumb things as a kid, thankfully this one didn't end up on the news.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That is scary.

I don't have pictures of mine but 10 years ago a cop lived in the apartment above me. He was trying to clear a jam that he had suffered earlier that day at the range. He fired a shot into his floor that went into my pantry roof. I was maybe 5 feet away at the time. I was all kinds of pissed off at that man.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Holy cow. You're one lucky man.

Two of my cousins tried to play that game once with a shotgun. Sadly, it didn't go as well for the 1st grader. Most depressing funeral I've ever been to.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Mobile Photobucket

(Hope this link works. First time trying photobucket.)

1988. I was at a new friends house with my best friend. New friend showed my buddy his moms .38. While I was in the crapper, they decided to scare me. Turned the gun upside down and shook it. 5 rounds came out. It was a 6 shot. I opened the bathroom door and my buddy was standing there with the gun pointed at me. Boom. The bullet parted my flat top, went through the door jam, medicine cabinet and lodged in the window sill. If I had my shoes on, it would have been a different story. My scalp had heat blisters on it but the bullet never touched my skin. To this day, I thank God I was spared.

Even at that age, I knew the rules of firearms. My (former) friends did not.
    Wow. I think after I got the crap outta my pants, I would have kicked his _ _ _!:xmad:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow. I think after I got the crap outta my pants, I would have kicked his _ _ _!:xmad:

To set the record straight, I was coming out of the crapper. I had already emptied my bladder and bowels. Otherwise I would have soiled myself. I was too scared of telling my parents what happened to worry about whoopin up on anybody.

Last edited:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    This isn't as serious but I had an incident when I was a kid where me and my buddy were using air rifles and shooting them at each other. I was hiding in some brush and he shot into it and it hit me square in the forehead.

All I remember was a loud ringing sound then waking up and putting my hand on my face had having blood all over my hand, my buddy came up and was freaking out.

Long story short the pellet broke the skin and was lodged beneath it against my skull, had it surgically removed. Couple inches in either direction and I would have lost an eye. (Guess I didn't pay close enough attention to Ralphie). Still have the scar.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Wow. hopefully your (former) friend has not handled a firearm since then. If so, i hope he has at least taken a safety class. twice.

I found out a few years ago the my former best friend that pulled the trigger never made it past 25 years old due to a few more really bad decisions. It's sad.

iSaladbar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I found out a few years ago the my former best friend that pulled the trigger never made it past 25 years old due to a few more really bad decisions. It's sad.

That is very sad. I hate seeing people make such bad decisions that it impacts so many people. I've seen that way too much.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    :rolleyes: WoW! Sure glad you made. The story rang a bell for me about one I had forgotten.
    My stepbrother took the shot out of a 12ga. shell to scare me. :dunno: As I walked intot he front door he popped out and fired from about 3' away. :dunno: I twisted enough the wad tore through my shirt, front and back on the r. side and out the screen door.:xmad: I got some power burn and a ruined shirt. If I hadn't twisted, it would have hit me just just r. of center in the gut.
    Since he wouldn't come outside, he didn't get whuupped for about 2 days.
    Due to a lot of other bad decisions, he's gone now and I can't say it bothers me. I hadn't thought of him or the incident until your post. I guess you can't legislate against stupid.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The four rules should be taught in KINDERGARTEN, and retaught/tested annually. Firearms "accidents" are the result of total ignorance. I also believe after 3rd grade every kid should be taught to shoot or at least see shooting first hand (in this case the louder the boom the better-if they don't learn respect, let them learn fear), and learn to respect the power of the weapon first hand.

Cal223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Pendleton
    The idea that someone would "play a trick" like that is totally absurd. I can't imagine the look on your "friend"'s face after he almost killed you. Glad you took the pictures. That is incredible.

Every kid should take the DNR's hunter safety education class.
    Thanks for sharing. Its a great reminder of how much an education in firearms safety can do.

This reminded me of this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ain2by4Fums

Top Bottom