• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    A 90-year-old man has been exposed as a former guard at a Nazi slave-labour camp during the Second World War.

Alexander Huryn, who lives in a retirement bungalow in Hampshire, kept his past secret when he left war-ravaged Europe and settled in Britain 60 years ago.

But the retired carpenter was a guard at the Trawniki labour camp in occupied Poland where thousands of Jewish prisoners died.

As a former member of the German armed forces, Mr Huryn still receives a German Army pension that is paid into his bank account each month, according to his family. His wartime activities might have remained hidden had it not been for the opening up of Soviet-era archives in recent years.

Read more: Exposed: The Nazi concentration camp guard who is now living in Hampshire | Mail Online

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    i guess this would bring up discussion at what point do you go from a soldier following orders manning your post etc...to being a war criminal. Is a German private assigned to a post at Auschwitz anymore bad than one sent to the Russian front?

Last edited:

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I understand the horrors that did happened during the 2nd war, but the man is 90 years old and too frail to leave his own home. What purpose does it serve to prosecute this any further.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    it doesnt in my opinion, but since israel thinks it rules the world ... well :rolleyes:
    Israel can do what ever they want as long as this thread doesn't get jacked talking about the how the TAR21 is better than the M4, without having hands on experience or talking about ToolBag MACK from future weapons I don't care.

I say let the old man die in piece. :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Israel can do what ever they want as long as this thread doesn't get jacked talking about the how the TAR21 is better than the M4, without having hands on experience or talking about ToolBag MACK from future weapons I don't care.

I say let the old man die in piece. :twocents:
    :laugh: he is a tool isnt he :laugh:

i agree, let him die in peace. there were german civilians who probly had more of a hand in killing people than this guy :dunno:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Prosecute him. 90 years old or not, there's blood on his hands. Hitler could be 139 years old and pissin' his pants in a vegetative state attached to whatever, and I'd but in 100% support in the creation, and use of the portable electric bed.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Prosecute him. 90 years old or not, there's blood on his hands. Hitler could be 139 years old and pissin' his pants in a vegetative state attached to whatever, and I'd but in 100% support in the creation, and use of the portable electric bed.

Sure, and while we're at it, let's round every kraut born before 1925 and send them to the chair. :rolleyes:

Hitler, Mengola, Schilling, and those other douchebags are one thing. If one of them were found, yes, draw, quarter, put their heads on a pike outside of the Barandenburg gate. But to hold the conscripted soldiers accountable? I think that's a bit on the extreme side.

Unless this guy was more than just a guard, let him finish his days in peace, he'll meet his judgement on the other side.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sure, and while we're at it, let's round every kraut born before 1925 and send them to the chair. :rolleyes:

Hitler, Mengola, Schilling, and those other douchebags are one thing. If one of them were found, yes, draw, quarter, put their heads on a pike outside of the Barandenburg gate. But to hold the conscripted soldiers accountable? I think that's a bit on the extreme side.

Unless this guy was more than just a guard, let him finish his days in peace, he'll meet his judgement on the other side.

No joke, he was a security guard for heaven sakes. So now we want to murder anyone who has ever served in the German army under Hitler?

Some could make an argument, that while the US is not exterminating a specific religion, we are putting our soldiers in positions they don't want to be in. Maybe that guy didn't want to be doing what he was doing.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus

So when we finally decide that military style raids that involve exposing children to flash bang grenades and CS gas, shooting family pets, confiscation of property and long term imprisonment for simple plant ownership constitute crimes against humanity, you will support rounding up every last cop, meter-maid and correctional officer for prosecution?

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    No joke, he was a security guard for heaven sakes. So now we want to murder anyone who has ever served in the German army under Hitler?

Some could make an argument, that while the US is not exterminating a specific religion, we are putting our soldiers in positions they don't want to be in. Maybe that guy didn't want to be doing what he was doing.

Ironic isn't it, that when Americans are persecuted, we are often told "I was just doing my job," or "too bad you don't like it, that's the law."

This guy was "just doing his job."

(I'm not defending NAZI scum here. This was probably just some kid that got handed a gun and told to show up at 0700 every day.)

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    If they wore the totenkopf then they are equally culpable and need to hang.

Justice. No one who serves evil should die in his sleep.

Sorry, could not disagree more. In the early '30's men joined the SS because it was the elite of the elite. In other words the German Special Forces. It was considered an honor to be the best of the best.

These men had NO idea what the future was going to be. They weren't told, "join up and kill jews". So to hold ALL members of the SS to the same standards as Himler, Mengola, Eickmann, etc... is just plain wrong.

I guess I feel, after 70 years is it really justice we're after or revenge?:dunno: He's 90 years old, show some humanity let him die in peace and face any justice on the other side.

Ahem, cough cough..... WE made what they did a crime AFTER the fact anyway didn't we?:rolleyes:

Also, Hitler and his bunch were a bunch of pikers compared to Stalin. Stalin killed more people that Hitler EVER dreamed of. Where is the outrage over the Soviet Union?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    As far as I'm concerned, anyone who had a job at a forced labor camp or death camp needs to hang. I don't care if they're 90. They had a direct part in the genocide that took place, even if their job was just to shoot people trying to escape (security).

"Just" a security guard? What do some of you think "security guards" did at those camps?

I doubt the Nazis could have pulled off the atrocities they committed at those camps without the security guards making sure everything ran smoothly.

Last edited:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Until someone can claim/witness he was a cold blooded murderer then he should be treated as if he was not. I find it hard to believe all the staff was doing the killing.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Read Eli Weisel's (spelling?) books and see what "security" guards did, or read any book on the holocaust by the survivors.......

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    These men had NO idea what the future was going to be. They weren't told, "join up and kill jews".

No, they knew going in what wearing the totenkopf meant.

He took a personal oath to Adolph Hitler and his madness. "I vow to Adolf Hitler imperturbable loyalty."

The SS were told from the beginning that they were joining up to kill the subhumans and to make Germany the dominant power to advance the Master Race. There were no secrets. Everyone knew what wearing a totenkopf meant.

Let all who wore the totenkopf, let all those who want to wear it know that they will not evade justice at the end of a rope.

Read Eli Weisel's (spelling?) books and see what "security" guards did, or read any book on the holocaust by the survivors.......

Elie Wiesel.

Until someone can claim/witness he was a cold blooded murderer then he should be treated as if he was not. I find it hard to believe all the staff was doing the killing.

So those that only assisted in the murder of the innocent should be spared justice?

Aiding and abetting and conspiracy is not the same and doing the murder? It matters not one bit if he pulled the trigger, threw the switch or butt stroked anyone. He joined the death head gang and needs to pay for it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    But when our government employees do things wrong on anindividual level, we are tod they shouldn't be held accountable because policy or the courts say it's ok. Granted, we haven't seen or I pray that we never will, the attrocities leveled by the Nazis. The same people that want to hang a 90 year old man are the same that want to shield our government workers from personal accountability in this country. "He was just following departmental policy".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I'm not condoning his death. Assuming it can't be proven that he actually murdered anyone. But he should be held accountable, in the exact same way that his fellow soldiers were.

Yes, you hold conscripted soldiers accountable. Unless this guy was full blown retarded, he knew the difference between right and wrong. Plenty of people under Nazi oppression knew the difference too, and even in the face of death they did the right thing. This guy is still collecting a Wehrmacht pension for crying out loud.

Read up on Trawniki:

Trawniki concentration camp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom