• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m sorry but if the R’s push this through before we get National carry legislation ( an actual right according to the constitution) then **** them. I’ll vote independent or even dem before I vote for another R since it’s becoming painful apparent that they give two **** what the people want they just do whatever they feel like.

The system is broken.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I’m sorry but if the R’s push this through before we get National carry legislation ( an actual right according to the constitution) then **** them. I’ll vote independent or even dem before I vote for another R since it’s becoming painful apparent that they give two **** what the people want they just do whatever they feel like.

The system is broken.

Neither is a matter for the central state.....and
    the system has been broken for at least 160 years.

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville

The system is broken.

So you would vote for Biden?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    15 weeks is plenty of time to make up your mind. Nobody should be complaining about this.
    The complaint surrounds the 9th and 10th amendments. Abortion isn't a federal issue, under the constitution.

I'm not sure what the Senate GOP is playing at. I am cynical enough to suspect that they may be trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of Senate-majority victory.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The complaint surrounds the 9th and 10th amendments. Abortion isn't a federal issue, under the constitution.
    This. It is not and never should have been a federal issue.

Hate the 18th Amendment all you want, but at least back then they realized that you had to amend the Constitution to allow the federal government the power to regulate something the Constitution doesn't explicitly say it can regulate.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

I'm not sure what the Senate GOP is playing at. I am cynical enough to suspect that they may be trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of Senate-majority victory.
    As I understand it there is nothing in Dobbs that prohibits the passing of legislation in Congress.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean

This.

Republicans saw the backlash of Roe being struck down. Middle of the road folks want a middle of the road solution. To the uneducated, who don't understand separation of powers, Roe being struck down and some states going to the extreme on abortion bans pushes them left. All of a sudden, our red wave is starting to look like it might peter out and they want to regain votes

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This.

Republicans saw the backlash of Roe being struck down. Middle of the road folks want a middle of the road solution. To the uneducated, who don't understand separation of powers, Roe being struck down and some states going to the extreme on abortion bans pushes them left. All of a sudden, our red wave is starting to look like it might peter out and they want to regain votes
    Most such "backlash" is fabricated out of whole cloth by the media/DNC propaganda wing.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Most such "backlash" is fabricated out of whole cloth by the media/DNC propaganda wing.

Backlash or not, and I think there probably is among a decent chunk of swing voters, I think it's likely to be a bigger issue in the next election than it has been in pre-overturn elections simply because:

Do threats of "assault weapons bans" energize a certain base for the Republicans and get them out to the polls in larger numbers?

Do you think there are a solid chunk of single issue voters in the Democrat base who react similarly to abortion?

Top Bottom