• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Larson squeezed him a bit, but Bubba hit the wall on his own. His actions afterwards deserve some stiff penalties.

Don't know if anyone here was at Salem this weekend, but they had a nasty wreck there. Sent one driver over the wall in turn 1, luckily the driver walked away from it.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    There are plenty of ways for drivers to get hurt, I don't know any respectable top level series that tolerates deliberate crashes. Why NASCAR still does is beyond me.

Especially since we just had a former series champion retire just this week do to injuries. Jr. a couple years ago had a hard time coming back and finally hung it up.

Most guys are smart enough to not make it so blatant as Bubba. But it was clear what he did and did it at 180 mph. He needs to be parked but of course he wont be. Nothing will be done. He is lucky no one was injured.

Handle it out of the car like the old days, let the guys throw some punches, I really do not have a issue with that. But I have always had a issue with bumping guys at 180mph because he squeezed you close to the wall.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The new car is a boon to the sport, clearly. NASCAR is ruining it by pretending and/or refusing to acknowledge publicly there are obvious issues with safety AND reliability on spec parts. I hope NASCAR is telling the drivers/teams something different than the head-in-sand line they take with the general public.

If there is not a solution in the off season, I wouldn't blame a single driver for refusing to race, I would applaud it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Bubba wallace received a 1 race suspension. Honestly, more than i figured he would get, but still not enough for right rearing a guy at 180mph
    He should of had his driver's card removed permanently. I knew that wouldn't happen but he should've been parked for at least the remainder of the season.

I actually tuned into a race for first time In a long time. This decision isn't gonna get me back to watching weekly that's for sure

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He should of had his driver's card removed permanently. I knew that wouldn't happen but he should've been parked for at least the remainder of the season.

I actually tuned into a race for first time In a long time. This decision isn't gonna get me back to watching weekly that's for sure
    I havent watched a lap this season, but after reading about this here i watched the replays and kept checking to see what they would do. I read they suspended a tire changer 4 races for a loose wheel earlier this season, but a guy sending a driver into the outside wall driver side first only gets a race... i have a feeling if the roles were reversed and it was bubba that got sent into the wall the punishment would have been significantly worse.

While browsing the nascar news i did see where tony stewart is po'd at nascar. Said he wouldnt go to another race this year if he wasnt required to for business reasons.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I havent watched a lap this season, but after reading about this here i watched the replays and kept checking to see what they would do. I read they suspended a tire changer 4 races for a loose wheel earlier this season, but a guy sending a driver into the outside wall driver side first only gets a race... i have a feeling if the roles were reversed and it was bubba that got sent into the wall the punishment would have been significantly worse.

While browsing the nascar news i did see where tony stewart is po'd at nascar. Said he wouldnt go to another race this year if he wasnt required to for business reasons.

Yeah. I tuned in for first time this year, more for background noise. Watched it play out.
    The penalty handed down is a crock of **** and reaffirmed my position to not watch, or even tune in for background noise.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Not being a big NASCAR fan, I haven't been following this. Just curious if the Feebs have shown up to investigate yet.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Meanwhile...

NHRA Nevada Nationals

NHRA Nevada Nationals​

• Oct 27-30, 2022
    • The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Fall)
    • 7000 N Las Vegas Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89115

DETAILED RESULTS​

CATEGORY
    TOP ALCOHOL DRAGSTER
    LANEDRIVERCAR NO.CLASSDIAL INRT60 FT330 FT660 FT660 MPH1000 FTETMPHOV/UNMOV
    LeftMadison PayneWIN737MTAD--.061.9582.4173.511227.084.4515.262275.90--.0002
    RightTony Stewart314TAD--.065.9392.4083.505227.384.4425.258271.57----

Top Bottom