• ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I know it's a long shot, but is anyone considering participating in National Novel Writing Month? Short version of what it is, you make a commitment to yourself to write a 50,000 word "novel" during the month of November. It sounds like a lot, but it only comes to about 1700 words/day. It's been a few years, but I've completed it 4 times, and have the free printed copy of each that a vanity publisher provided. Not sure if that's still offered or not.

If anyone's interested, we can be writing buddies. Kind of like mutual AA sponsors. :)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I did it a few years back. I got my 50,000 words but by the end I was just throwing in notes about what scenes needed to be to get me somewhere close to an ending. It was more like instructions for me to come back to when I was ready to get back in and finish the novel. Sadly, I haven't looked at it since.

I would like to start fresh at some point. I love the concept of blocking out a month. Just not sure this November is the month for me. Life is so busy and I have no real ideas on any plot lines at the moment.

Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I would like to note here that I let people read my first "book". A neighbor's review stated that it was "A saucy page-turner". My mother had a slightly different take: "Not bad for a first try".:stickpoke:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I know it's a long shot, but is anyone considering participating in National Novel Writing Month? Short version of what it is, you make a commitment to yourself to write a 50,000 word "novel" during the month of November. It sounds like a lot, but it only comes to about 1700 words/day. It's been a few years, but I've completed it 4 times, and have the free printed copy of each that a vanity publisher provided. Not sure if that's still offered or not.

If anyone's interested, we can be writing buddies. Kind of like mutual AA sponsors. :)

That's just a typical post for Jamil...someone ping him...

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Well I am considering writing an autobiography this might just be the push that I need. Although 50k words seem a bit light to go into my countless accomplishments and would hardly even scratch the surface in describing my greatness and contributions to the World.

But seriously was it designed to spur interest in future authors?

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I wanted to write a book, "stories from the mohair locker room" ......but then I decided to write an autobiography, after 19 pages of tried this, I suck, tried that, I also suck at that....I took up technical writing, and surprisingly I'm good at. No emotions, no feelings, no crap like that....

Top Bottom